allTalk | Win 25$ | General Forum

King

logo.png
Hello,​
Just thought I'd post here for advertisement purposes, and to get some feedback about the site, and areas where we can improve on! allTalk is a new forum based around all topics, in other words a 'general forum'. We've been open just about a day, and have just over 20 members, and we hope to grow to a large amount in the future. To celebrate the opening of allTalk, we are hosting a competition to win $25 (AUD)! You can find more information about the competition on the forum.​
You don't have to join, but feedback would be good!​
Regards.​

For me, I like to browse a forum and it's content before joining. This allows me to see what kind of members the forum has. Are they intellectual? Do the TaLk LiKe ThIs? Is it filled with foul language?

With your forum, I can't determine that without signing up. I click on the name of the thread and then I'm asked to sign up or log in.

Personally, I won't do either until I see content.

I agree with Chimpie.

If you wanted to limit it after a few different threads being viewed, I understand. But, without allowing for others to see what the site is all about and who the prospect would be interacting with, it won't help garner additional members.

For me, I like to browse a forum and it's content before joining. This allows me to see what kind of members the forum has. Are they intellectual? Do the TaLk LiKe ThIs? Is it filled with foul language?

With your forum, I can't determine that without signing up. I click on the name of the thread and then I'm asked to sign up or log in.

Personally, I won't do either until I see content.
That's fair play. I've enabled viewing for guest users if you still want to browse around. Most of our current userbase comes from a gaming site, which is mostly people aged 14-18. We hope to extend out user base to outside users, and bring in users from places that we aren't familiar from. So far there hasn't been any foul language, however we are pretty keen on keeping the forum clean.

Yep, after viewing the content, def not the forum for me. You said it's aimed toward 14-18. Feels more like 12-16 to me.

Don't let that discourage you. Creating and managing a forum is a fun experience.

I hope you it is successful and it brings you many years of joy.

Yep, after viewing the content, def not the forum for me. You said it's aimed toward 14-18. Feels more like 12-16 to me.

Don't let that discourage you. Creating and managing a forum is a fun experience.

I hope you it is successful and it brings you many years of joy.
All good! Thanks for checking it out, and giving your input.

there arent any interesting topics except for "fav sex positions?"

haha but honestly i think theres hardly any posts and arent general forums the hardest to run unless u got a group of friends or a ton of people

there arent any interesting topics except for "fav sex positions?"

haha but honestly i think theres hardly any posts and arent general forums the hardest to run unless u got a group of friends or a ton of people
Most of the users are our friends, right now, but that's understandable because it's only been a day. Hoping once it becomes more active, and more users join up, more interesting posts will come. I've been looking into ways of populating the forum. Ad space etc. Just starting out, but it's going to be a while before it gets to the point where there is 200-300 daily active users. :P

Most of the users are our friends, right now, but that's understandable because it's only been a day. Hoping once it becomes more active, and more users join up, more interesting posts will come. I've been looking into ways of populating the forum. Ad space etc. Just starting out, but it's going to be a while before it gets to the point where there is 200-300 daily active users. :p
kehehehe i copied the fav sex position thread on my forum for the lulz. :P

also i think general forums are really hard because what would make someone wana join it if its so general..it doesnt specialize in anything so thats really hard i think... if u turned it into a sex forum u could get people easy XD

maybe u can write a little detailed description of what makes ur forum special :)

kehehehe i copied the fav sex position thread on my forum for the lulz. :p

also i think general forums are really hard because what would make someone wana join it if its so general..it doesnt specialize in anything so thats really hard i think... if u turned it into a sex forum u could get people easy XD

maybe u can write a little detailed description of what makes ur forum special :)
I guess one of our main thoughts was most forums that are based on one thing, people tend to chuck threads in wrong places, because there isn't places to talk about other stuff. A general forum contains everything, that could possibly needed on a forum. We plan to add a lot of games under the gaming section, and add more sub-forums etc. I can honestly say no forum though is different from any other, nothing makes them special, they have the same software, same add-ons. I guess one can only give it a give for fun and see how it pans out. I have no doubt a sex forum would gain a bunch of users in a short period LOL. I appreciate you checked the forum out!

Any suggestions on things I can add to it? Sections etc?

Any suggestions on things I can add to it? Sections etc?
You shouldn't look to add sections, just start out with what you think covers the basic, then expand as needed. As I see now, each of your categories are somewhat "populated", so keep it at that level. People are much less likely to join if you have a bunch of empty forums.

Thought I'd make a little update. We've finally hit over 60 members, almost 1k posts. There is now a radio on the forum that has more that 500 songs loaded for when no one is DJ'ing.

Top Bottom