IndyFor | General Discussion Forum

jgaulard

Greetings. I've been looking around this forum and am very impressed with what the awesome XenForo community has created with their sites. Nice job everyone! Since I'm a member too, I decided to go out on a limb to introduce my brand new discussion board. It's only about a month old and I actually started it with the intention of creating sort of a discussion "blog." Personally, I like writing blog-like posts a lot more on this software than I do with regular blogging software, so that's what I intended to happen. After a few posts though, I invited four of my closest "writer" friends to join up too. These guys can write up a storm and have been doing an incredible job for me. I'm going for quality over quantity, so while I may not have many posts to date, what I do have is fairly well developed.

Link: https://indyfor.com

Anyway, I invite you to take a look at my site and give me any feedback you think might help me. If you have ideas that you think would help it grow, I'd like to hear about them as well. I think my strategy going forward is to not concern myself so much with attracting new members as much as offering great content that may help someone. Hopefully I'll get a few links using this strategy and search engine results will follow. But just because this may be my current strategy, it doesn't mean I don't wholeheartedly invite you to join. Please sign up and offer a post or two. Or a dozen.

My four friends and I have created three fake accounts each to seed the site with a variety of members and alleged viewpoints. I read that this is a good way to make it appear as if there's more action going on than there really is. It's sort of working, but I can't really tell yet (I have no visitors). Also, I'm growing the categories as I think of them and have something to add. So far I've got Philosophy, Home, Health, Economics, Photography, and more. You really need to check it out.

indyfor-homepage.jpg

Hi. Nice idea for a forum. I too am interested to write "blog-like" posts on subjects I love, so this forum seems like a good idea. But would there be any chance for you to expand the forum categories into TV shows and movies in the near future? I've been writing a lot of essay-length reviews recently, so a forum like that would be incredibly encouraging.

Hi. Nice idea for a forum. I too am interested to write "blog-like" posts on subjects I love, so this forum seems like a good idea. But would there be any chance for you to expand the forum categories into TV shows and movies in the near future? I've been writing a lot of essay-length reviews recently, so a forum like that would be incredibly encouraging.
That's an awesome idea. What I've been doing is writing single uncategorized posts in the Etcetera Forum and then when there are enough to begin filling a more topical category, I'll create the new forum and then move the posts there. That way, I don't go ahead and make a bunch of forums that sit there waiting for posts. If you register and begin posting, that's what I'll do. Thanks!

Top Bottom