1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allow us to see attached images.

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by ivanmcp, Oct 31, 2010.

1. ivanmcp

ivanmcp New Member

Could we have permissions changed so I can see attached images in the 'Add-on Releases' forum which I can't do at the moment?

I understand I can't post in there as I am not a customer but it would be beneficial for both members/non-members to be able to see large attached images and how xF could be enhanced by add-ons. In particular I was trying to see how xF/WP integration works.
  2. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

Sorry, but there are no plans at this time to change attachment viewing (including images) in the Customer forums, for members whom are not associated with a license.
    Jamie likes this.
  3. ivanmcp

ivanmcp New Member

Can't see why not but hey, just passing by...
  4. Scott Brown

Scott Brown New Member

I second this, as a potenial customer looking to move from VB4 it would be useful to see screenshots to help decide when/if to switch to xenforo
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's more technical limitations - downloading attachments is a binary permission, it doesn't differentiate between images and others.
    random likes this.
  6. Ingenious

Ingenious Well-Known Member

I'm not a licence holder yet, but do find it a shame I can't take part in discussions about add-ons and the likes, or look at the images showing the new styles people have made. I feel like a lot of people, I would be able to contribute, even though I'm not buying a licence until it's out of beta.
  7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

8. MGSteve

MGSteve Well-Known Member

Sounds like a potential feature request, to give permissions according to file type - could be useful :)
    dutchbb likes this.