Allow uploading a new version of an image

I agree with this suggestion.

If you consider photographs as a form of documentation or reference material - it can be useful to update an existing photo rather than simply adding a new one. On ZooChat this would be especially useful as we build a resource showing important features of zoos around the world.

Think of the functionality contained within Resource Manager for keeping track of resource updates - we basically need the same functionality for photos.

With images, though, they are uploaded to your server, so ordinarily there'd be no particular reason for this to need to be changed. What would be your reason for wanting to implement this for photos?
I can give my strong reason :P.

In my forum, I display certain trends which need to be updated every fortnightly. To achieve this, I usually replace the existing images with new ones in every 2 weeks. The problem is, every time I do this, the links change and I need to correct all the references to those trends inside posts.

So, having the ability to keep the links same can save me substantial efforts on this front.

The site I work on has to do with tracking local crime. The media gallery is used to store and display mugshots. Some of these people get arrested often and I need a way to keep their mugshot up-to-date. Arrest info in the comments works great. I don't want a bunch of mugshots, only the most recent. Being able to replace/update the image, and searchable custom data fields, would make this software perfect IMO. As it is now, it's a problem.

Last edited:
I'm still not seeing an option to replace an image? Is this coming? I can't seem to find a way to do this and we just migrated to Xenforo and our community is struggling with no being able to replace an image. Please advise.

How the heck has this not been implemented in 10 bloody years? What the heck? It's just about the most basic thing you expect to be able to do in a gallery and literally every other gallery that I've ever used allows it... it's like not being able to edit the text of a post. People aren't using the gallery just for "photos", but all kinds of images, diagrams, maps, etc. that aren't static never-changing content but something that's worked on and edited.

Last edited:
On My site I work constantly with old images and very frequently I get a fresh copy in higher resolution and I need to replace the old ones.
This makes a new mirror in the gallery with out comments.
I would love to be able to upgrade the existing Photo

Top Bottom