Implemented Allow staff + highest priority user group banners

Paul B

XenForo moderator
Staff member
With the new User Group Banners feature, there is no option to have the Staff banner plus a single banner from the user group with the highest display styling priority.
Instead it would be all banners from all groups or just the staff banner, assuming it is the highest priority.

The way the stacking works, there is no differentiation between a staff banner and any other banner, so they are all grouped and treated equally meaning the options are:

1. All off
2. All on
3. Highest display styling priority only

I have members with multiple upgrades but I only want to display a single banner, which is possible.
However, I also have a separate staff banner but I can't use this system to show the staff banner plus one other.

So ideally it would be great to be able to have the staff banner using the staff class seperately from the regular user groups, allowing for a fourth option:

4. Staff + highest display styling priority

Upvote 19
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
With the new User Group Banners feature, there is no option to have the Staff banner plus a single banner from the user group with the highest display styling priority.
Instead it would be all banners from all groups or just the staff banner, assuming it is the highest priority.

The way the stacking works, there is no differentiation between a staff banner and any other banner, so they are all grouped and treated equally meaning the options are:

1. All off
2. All on
3. Highest display styling priority only

I have members with multiple upgrades but I only want to display a single banner, which is possible.
However, I also have a separate staff banner but I can't use this system to show the staff banner plus one other.

So ideally it would be great to be able to have the staff banner using the staff class seperately from the regular user groups, allowing for a fourth option:

4. Staff + highest display styling priority

Agree. For example, you might want to show "Staff + Contributor" or "Forum Staff + Content Editor" or something like that.

What happens if the user is in two staff groups? Are both shown?

There is no such thing as a "staff group". Groups and someone being staff are totally independent.

Don't know exactly how it's coded, but couldn't you have an option set to display a specific banner as a secondary banner in the banner setup?

There is no such thing as a "staff group". Groups and someone being staff are totally independent.

I thought that there was some distinction of staff such as any user who was an admin or moderator?

How else do addons such as staff list work since i never declared which usergroups were staff.

Top Bottom