1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Allow staff + highest priority user group banners

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Brogan, May 29, 2013.

1. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

With the new User Group Banners feature, there is no option to have the Staff banner plus a single banner from the user group with the highest display styling priority.
    Instead it would be all banners from all groups or just the staff banner, assuming it is the highest priority.

The way the stacking works, there is no differentiation between a staff banner and any other banner, so they are all grouped and treated equally meaning the options are:

1. All off
    2. All on
    3. Highest display styling priority only

I have members with multiple upgrades but I only want to display a single banner, which is possible.
    However, I also have a separate staff banner but I can't use this system to show the staff banner plus one other.

So ideally it would be great to be able to have the staff banner using the staff class seperately from the regular user groups, allowing for a fourth option:

4. Staff + highest display styling priority
  2. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

Agree. For example, you might want to show "Staff + Contributor" or "Forum Staff + Content Editor" or something like that.

What happens if the user is in two staff groups? Are both shown?
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

There is no such thing as a "staff group". Groups and someone being staff are totally independent.
    Qwerty77asdf, HWS and Jeremy like this.
  4. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Don't know exactly how it's coded, but couldn't you have an option set to display a specific banner as a secondary banner in the banner setup?
  5. fattony69

fattony69 Well-Known Member

Would it be more fitting that users can choose the order?
  6. Tracy Perry

Not in my opinion. There would be no consistency in that.
  7. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

I agree with Brogan, having an option to show staff banner + highest display priority banner would be great.
    optrex likes this.
  8. intradox

intradox Well-Known Member

I thought that there was some distinction of staff such as any user who was an admin or moderator?

How else do addons such as staff list work since i never declared which usergroups were staff.
  9. Brogan

There is a staff CSS class.
  10. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

This is an option now too.
    Dynasty, faeronsayn, Walter and 3 others like this.
  11. sonaya

sonaya Member

where this add on
  12. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Its not an add-on, its built into the software.
  13. sonaya

sonaya Member

plz tell me where i am upgraded my software 1.2 so.where
  14. Tracy Perry

15. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

Click on :

16. sonaya

sonaya Member

i am upgraded my software already but i want known about where the banner optionin my panel.
  17. Tracy Perry

Configured in the User Group settings and also in the ACP -> Options -> User Options
  18. sonaya

sonaya Member

thanks dude.
  19. Shane Greer

Shane Greer Member

How do you edit what it looks like. The grey staff banner doesnt look right in my forum. Thanks
  20. Brogan