• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Allow non-customers to contribute

As a system for enabling communities, XenForo doesn't seem to embrace community collaboration and contribution.

I, being a developer, would like to contribute, by developing something for a thirdparty site, that requires some changes, but cannot afford to buy the customizations here.

If I were allowed to post/use the community forums on XenForo, I would be able to contribute, without having to buy the "rather pricey" XenForo license, esp. since I do not intent to use it (as a community forum), but only as a test/developer setup.

With the current "model", you are effectively limiting collaboration/contribution to take place between verified customers.

I propose a more "community like" model, where users can register as developers, and gain limited access to the forums where developers thrive.

This way, XenForo would be able to benefit (get - possibly free - additions) from a wider community, than only those running major sites (which do not, neccesarily, have any reason to publish local changes/customizations back to the XenForo community).

Just my 2 cents.

katsulynx

If you are developing for a third party site, they likely have a XenForo license. In their license menu, they can add your forum account to their license which gives you full access to the community.

Thank you. I will try to do that.
Though, I'm sort of trying to develop something, and THEN pitch it, but if I'm lucky, they'll trust me before hand...

Holding my breath here...