Allow non-customers to contribute

R4zorax

As a system for enabling communities, XenForo doesn't seem to embrace community collaboration and contribution.

I, being a developer, would like to contribute, by developing something for a thirdparty site, that requires some changes, but cannot afford to buy the customizations here.

If I were allowed to post/use the community forums on XenForo, I would be able to contribute, without having to buy the "rather pricey" XenForo license, esp. since I do not intent to use it (as a community forum), but only as a test/developer setup.

With the current "model", you are effectively limiting collaboration/contribution to take place between verified customers.

I propose a more "community like" model, where users can register as developers, and gain limited access to the forums where developers thrive.

This way, XenForo would be able to benefit (get - possibly free - additions) from a wider community, than only those running major sites (which do not, neccesarily, have any reason to publish local changes/customizations back to the XenForo community).

Just my 2 cents.

If you are developing for a third party site, they likely have a XenForo license. In their license menu, they can add your forum account to their license which gives you full access to the community.

Thank you. I will try to do that.
Though, I'm sort of trying to develop something, and THEN pitch it, but if I'm lucky, they'll trust me before hand...

Holding my breath here...

Top Bottom