1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Allow @ Mentions to be used in Resources

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Closed Suggestions' started by 1im, Jan 24, 2015.

1. 1im

1im Member

I think this would be a nice little feature and shouldn't take to long to incorporate. One members uploads it and can list contributors with what they contributed.
    Liam W, Xon, owls8521 and 1 other person like this.
  2. owls8521

owls8521 Active Member

Using @UserName saves time over having to manually link to people. I assumed it was a bug that it doesn't work in resources, but I was told it was a deliberate choice.

I think Xenforo should strive to make all of its add-ons work the same as the core for a more consistent user experience. I'd be interested in knowing why Xenforo decided not to implement this for resources.
    1im likes this.
  3. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

I think this would be a usefulness addition, particularly if you want to mention someone when posting an updated to a resource and to let them know its available (eg to fix a bug they've reported). I've tagged in an updated and have also been tagged in someone else's update but the tagging and alerts don't work.

@owls8521 make sure you like the first post of a suggestion to show you support the idea, as devs use first posts likes as an indication of popularity.
    1im likes this.
  4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member