XF 1.3 Allow guests to "Like" posts

I want to allow guests to "like" users posts.

I went into Users>User Groups> Unregistered/Unconfirmed>
Forum Permissions: Like Posts - Allow

I signed out and i checked but the “Like" button does not show up. I checked my custom template and default template. But no show. Did i do something wrong?

I also did the same thing on my personal computer test forum. And same problem.

I just tried "allow" on every single one in unregistered. But no like button shows up

Last edited:
It could just say A Guest liked your post.
What confused me is that there is an option too allow guests/unregistered users to "like" posts :confused:

MHU$CO)C)IK@LC`TUV7E96L.webp
G5}8N1VIH(RN)3LQ$KW7[%0.webp

It could just say A Guest liked your post.
What confused me is that there is an option too allow guests/unregistered users to "like" posts :confused:
Those are basic generic options. Some of them have other requirements that have to be met before they are valid. Considering Likes are tracked, that's one of them. It tracks the likes.... and you can only like a post once. It woudl be the same for a guest.... only 1 could like a post .... if it worked like it is supposed to.
Outside development could be done that would allow it (could probably track by the IP number to keep them separated it) but that in itself would not be the ideal solution as it would prevent anyone else using a DHCP address before and liking a post to do it.

Also note that the permissions for that group apply to unconfirmed users (such as one who is awaiting approval or email confirmation), so they would be able to like posts. But there are various permissions that simply don't apply to guests (liking posts, voting on polls, having a signature, etc).

Top Bottom