Allow admin setting for default privacy

That option is there already. Options -> Xenforo Media Gallery -> Default Album View Permission. It provides 5 different options you can set as default, with the new install default being Private.

In MG1, there wasn't actually direct control over privacy when creating an album, whereas now there is. I believe it would likely be a template edit to change the default value as it stands (though I haven't researched it).

Regardless, this is a valid suggestion.

I like this suggestion, because I think the default should be public (as with Youtube). It is in the interests of the forum for for content to be out there, not for people's own free storage facility. However I can see a lot of value in allowing private albums for privileged members as part of an incentive to buy an upgrade.

I can also see value in an extra category (like Youtube) of unlisted, ie not available to browse or search but viewble via URL only. But that's a different suggestion of course.

In MG1, there wasn't actually direct control over privacy when creating an album, whereas now there is.
I don't understand. In MG1 there is an option, just as I mentioned above, that provides direct control over default privacy for new albums. Now there isn't. It's basically the complete opposite of what you're saying.

Dumb to have removed some of the most basic "no brainer" features, like the ability to set the default permission settings in XMG 2.... it's not the only thing too! No way to choose album cover images either!

I found the solution... to change the default album privacy permission, It's right here: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/is-it-possible-to-edit-this-area.145051/
Still doesn't make sense that custom template code needs to be applied to get a feature back that was in the previous version and should be there. To force XenForo owners to run their site albums as default private and not give us the option out-of-the-box, just like it was in version 1... I still don't understand why.

I like this suggestion, because I think the default should be public (as with Youtube). It is in the interests of the forum for for content to be out there, not for people's own free storage facility. However I can see a lot of value in allowing private albums for privileged members as part of an incentive to buy an upgrade.
+1

I'm still testing before upgrading from 1.x to 2.x and this is something that called my attention.

Top Bottom