Lack of interest User Group Promotion - Allow Admin to enter SQL criteria and send Conversation message

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Mouth

This discussion from @ProCom got me thinking of a great suggestion ...

Screen Shot 2017-06-24 at 10.10.47.webp

It would be great is we could enter our own SQL as the selection criteria for a user group promotion.

user_id being the primary/required select value for each record returned from the custom SQL.

And on this 'SQL Options' tab, we also have;
  1. a text input line allowing admins to add some text that will be included in the user alert for the upgrade
  2. a textarea field with editor, allowing admin to enter the text of a conversation message that can also be sent to the user further explaining/celebrating the reason for the user group promotion.
With this SQL option, I'm sure the community would share posts/threads with all sorts of SQL statements that could be used by admins, so that others with no/minimal SQL ability could also make extensive use of this capability.

Upvote 6
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Personally, I'm not sure whether it would be a good idea to let the admin enter custom SQL.

But I really like the idea of automatically starting a new conversation on usergroup promotion. A similar option already exists: "Start welcome conversation on registration".

Edit: After having given this some more thought, I think notices are a better fit for what I'm trying to achieve.

Last edited:
Top Bottom