All Topics - Master Forums / Global Topics

All Topics - Master Forums / Global Topics 1.5

No permission to download
So if I have a topic marked as a sticky, say "Rules," in one forum, it will show up as a sticky topic in whichever other forums I specify?

So if I have a topic marked as a sticky, say "Rules," in one forum, it will show up as a sticky topic in whichever other forums I specify?
Hmm. I dunno, let me test that theory out.

Okay it shows as a sticky thread in your Master forum as well.

Hmm. I dunno, let me test that theory out.

Okay it shows as a sticky thread in your Master forum as well.
Dam.

I was hoping this could replace the other one, which requires a file edit. But I really do not want all the stickies to show up.

Mind sharing ?
All I did was modify the css of the notices in Style Properties and I think extra.css I'm not sure, so that they are smaller.

My member said they prefer the notices to be shorter in height rather than large like what you see on xenforo.com

I suspect this doesn't like php 5.4

PHP:
An exception occurred: Array to string conversion in /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/Node.php on line 1255

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    strval() in XenForo/Model/Node.php at line 1255
    XenForo_Model_Node->getNodeOptionsArray() in MasterForums/Option/ForumChooser.php at line 18
    MasterForums_Option_ForumChooser::renderOption()
    call_user_func() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 327
    XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::_renderCallbackOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 71
    XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 33
    XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionsHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Option/ListOptions.php at line 30
    XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 63
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
    XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/admin.php at line 13

^ I get that error on a nice white page, the moment I click on the settings for this modification

To add more information, this is what was in XenForo's error logs

Error Info
PHP:
ErrorException: Array to string conversion - library/XenForo/Model/Node.php:1255
Generated By: Adam, 6 minutes ago
Stack Trace

PHP:
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Array to string...', '/home/sociall1/...', 1255, Array)
#1 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/Node.php(1255): strval(Array)
#2 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/MasterForums/Option/ForumChooser.php(18): XenForo_Model_Node->getNodeOptionsArray(Array, Array, '(unspecified)')
#3 [internal function]: MasterForums_Option_ForumChooser::renderOption(Object(XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions), 'options', Array, false)
#4 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php(327): call_user_func(Array, Object(XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions), 'options', Array, false)
#5 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php(71): XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::_renderCallbackOptionHtml(Object(XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions), 'options', Array, false)
#6 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php(33): XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionHtml(Object(XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions), Array, false, 'options')
#7 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewAdmin/Option/ListOptions.php(30): XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionsHtml(Object(XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions), Array, false)
#8 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(215): XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions->renderHtml()
#9 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php(63): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('XenForo_ViewAdm...', 'Html', Array, 'option_list')
#10 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(533): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderView('XenForo_ViewAdm...', Array, 'option_list', NULL)
#11 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(156): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin), Array)
#12 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#13 {main}

Request State

PHP:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(75) "http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/admin.php?options/list/MasterForums"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["options/list/MasterForums"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I suspect this doesn't like php 5.4

PHP:
An exception occurred: Array to string conversion in /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/Node.php on line 1255

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    strval() in XenForo/Model/Node.php at line 1255
    XenForo_Model_Node->getNodeOptionsArray() in MasterForums/Option/ForumChooser.php at line 18
    XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::_renderCallbackOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 71
    XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 33
    XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionsHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Option/ListOptions.php at line 30
    XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 63
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
    XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/admin.php at line 13

^ I get that error on a nice white page, the moment I click on the settings for this modification
That's... interesting.

The code for the ForumChooser is from one of Jaxel's add-ons (used with permission).

I wonder if you would have the same problem with that add-on or whether it's some of my code that's broken it.

EDIT: Yeah the ForumChooser code is from XenMedio. I wonder if that is broken on PHP 5.4.

EDIT 2: Although I do have some code that converts the array into a string. I may not need that now. Let me investigate a fix before uninstalling.

I can confirm two things:

1) This is a bug in the ForumChooser code used by XenPorta, XenMedio, XenAttendo, MasterForums and anywhere else I or Jaxel may have used the ForumChooser code.
2) It only affects PHP 5.4
3) It's nothing to do specifically with my add-on, just this Forum Chooser.

Jaxel has told people to downgrade to PHP 5.3 to solve this problem... I'll see if there's anything I can do to fix for 5.4.

Well, that was easy:

Remove the red code from MasterForums/Options/ForumChooser.php:

Rich (BB code):
$forumOptions = $nodeModel->getNodeOptionsArray($nodeModel->getAllNodes(), $preparedOption['option_value'], '(unspecified)');
All this does is remove the "Unspecified" option from the forum chooser. That should be fine, and isn't really necessary for this particular add-on as for it to work you can't have an unspecified forum.

EDIT: 8thos, are you ok doing the code edit and updating the resource?

Well, that was easy:

Rich (BB code):
$forumOptions = $nodeModel->getNodeOptionsArray($nodeModel->getAllNodes(), $preparedOption['option_value'], '(unspecified)');
All this does is remove the "Unspecified" option from the forum chooser. That should be fine, and isn't really necessary for this particular add-on as for it to work you can't have an unspecified forum.

NOPE, did not resolve the issue for me. :( Good try though.

NOPE, did not resolve the issue for me. :( Good try though.
That has to work... I got the same problem as you with PHP 5.4 and then after doing that code edit, it fixed it.

Our errors were identical including this line which is where the code edit takes place:

Has the error now changed, at least?

Well, that was easy:

Rich (BB code):

Yes I can update it but I want to wait to see if it works for him first.

That has to work... I got the same problem as you with PHP 5.4 and then after doing that code edit, it fixed it.

Our errors were identical including this line which is where the code edit takes place:

Has the error now changed, at least?
I tried just removing the code you suggested and and error moved to a new line (24)

PHP:
An exception occurred: Undefined variable: forumOptions in /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/MasterForums/Option/ForumChooser.php on line 24

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in MasterForums/Option/ForumChooser.php at line 24

Decided to investigate possible "white space" issues and removed the wide space before it ... I know, unlikely, but never hurts to check.... Same error as above

Decided to remove the space above and below (again, double checking white space) and the error changed (line 22)

PHP:
An exception occurred: Undefined variable: forumOptions in /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/MasterForums/Option/ForumChooser.php on line 22

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in MasterForums/Option/ForumChooser.php at line 22

Did you remove the whole line, or just the part I highlighted in red?

This is the only bit that should have been removed from line 18:

Code:
, '(unspecified)'

I get the same error as you if I remove the whole line.

Line 18 should look like this:

Code:
$forumOptions = $nodeModel->getNodeOptionsArray($nodeModel->getAllNodes(), $preparedOption['option_value']);

Did you remove the whole line, or just the part I highlighted in red?

This is the only bit that should have been removed from line 18:

Code:
, '(unspecified)'

I get the same error as you if I remove the whole line.

Line 18 should look like this:

Code:
$forumOptions = $nodeModel->getNodeOptionsArray($nodeModel->getAllNodes(), $preparedOption['option_value']);
I didn't notice the "red" high light. I should have scrolled it and not did a quick copy and paste (search and remove). :oops:

lol

YES, it works.

Top Bottom