1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained All Topics - Master Forums / Global Topics 1.5

Shows threads from multiple forums in one forum!

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Yorick likes this.
  2. Hyperion

Hyperion Active Member

So if I have a topic marked as a sticky, say "Rules," in one forum, it will show up as a sticky topic in whichever other forums I specify?

3. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Hmm. I dunno, let me test that theory out.

Okay it shows as a sticky thread in your Master forum as well.

Hyperion likes this.
  4. Hyperion

Hyperion Active Member

Oooooh.

5. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Dam.

I was hoping this could replace the other one, which requires a file edit. But I really do not want all the stickies to show up.

6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I use a modified version of notices instead of stickies in the other forums.

7. Adam Howard

Mind sharing ?

8. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

All I did was modify the css of the notices in Style Properties and I think extra.css I'm not sure, so that they are smaller.

My member said they prefer the notices to be shorter in height rather than large like what you see on xenforo.com

TheVisitors likes this.
  9. Adam Howard

I suspect this doesn't like php 5.4

PHP:
    An exception occurred: Array to string conversion in /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/Node.php on line 1255

XenForo_Application
    ::handlePhpError()

strval() in XenForo/Model/Node.php at line 1255
        XenForo_Model_Node
    ->getNodeOptionsArray() in MasterForums/Option/ForumChooser.php at line 18
        MasterForums_Option_ForumChooser
    ::renderOption()

call_user_func() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 327
        XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option
    ::_renderCallbackOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 71
    ::renderPreparedOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 33
    ::renderPreparedOptionsHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Option/ListOptions.php at line 30
        XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions
    ->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
        XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract
    ->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 63
        XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin
    ->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
        XenForo_FrontController
    ->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
        XenForo_FrontController
    ->run() in /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/admin.php at line 13
    ^ I get that error on a nice white page, the moment I click on the settings for this modification

10. Adam Howard

To add more information, this is what was in XenForo's error logs

Error Info
    PHP:
    ErrorException: Array to string conversion library/XenForo/Model/Node.php:1255
    Generated By
    Adam6 minutes ago
    Stack Trace

PHP:
    #0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Array to string...', '/home/sociall1/...', 1255, Array)
    #1 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/Node.php(1255): strval(Array)
    #2 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/MasterForums/Option/ForumChooser.php(18): XenForo_Model_Node->getNodeOptionsArray(Array, Array, '(unspecified)')
    #3 [internal function]: MasterForums_Option_ForumChooser::renderOption(Object(XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions), 'options', Array, false)
    #4 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php(327): call_user_func(Array, Object(XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions), 'options', Array, false)
    #5 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php(71): XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::_renderCallbackOptionHtml(Object(XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions), 'options', Array, false)
    #6 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php(33): XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionHtml(Object(XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions), Array, false, 'options')
    #7 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewAdmin/Option/ListOptions.php(30): XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionsHtml(Object(XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions), Array, false)
    #8 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(215): XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions->renderHtml()
    #9 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php(63): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('XenForo_ViewAdm...', 'Html', Array, 'option_list')
    #10 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(533): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderView('XenForo_ViewAdm...', Array, 'option_list', NULL)
    #11 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(156): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin), Array)
    #12 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #13 {main}
    Request State

PHP:
    array(3) {
      [
    "url"] => string(75"http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/admin.php?options/list/MasterForums"

["_GET"] => array(1) {
        [
    "options/list/MasterForums"] => string(0""

}
      [
    "_POST"] => array(0) {
      }
    }

11. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Can you uninstall it and use the code edit instead?

12. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

That's... interesting.

The code for the ForumChooser is from one of Jaxel's add-ons (used with permission).

I wonder if you would have the same problem with that add-on or whether it's some of my code that's broken it.

EDIT: Yeah the ForumChooser code is from XenMedio. I wonder if that is broken on PHP 5.4.

EDIT 2: Although I do have some code that converts the array into a string. I may not need that now. Let me investigate a fix before uninstalling.

13. Chris D

I can confirm two things:

1) This is a bug in the ForumChooser code used by XenPorta, XenMedio, XenAttendo, MasterForums and anywhere else I or Jaxel may have used the ForumChooser code.
    2) It only affects PHP 5.4
    3) It's nothing to do specifically with my add-on, just this Forum Chooser.

Jaxel has told people to downgrade to PHP 5.3 to solve this problem... I'll see if there's anything I can do to fix for 5.4.

14. Chris D

Well, that was easy:

Remove the red code from MasterForums/Options/ForumChooser.php:

Code:
    $forumOptions = $nodeModel->getNodeOptionsArray($nodeModel->getAllNodes(), $preparedOption['option_value'], '(unspecified)');
    All this does is remove the "Unspecified" option from the forum chooser. That should be fine, and isn't really necessary for this particular add-on as for it to work you can't have an unspecified forum.

EDIT: 8thos, are you ok doing the code edit and updating the resource?

8thos likes this.
  15. Adam Howard

NOPE, did not resolve the issue for me. :( Good try though.

16. Chris D

That has to work... I got the same problem as you with PHP 5.4 and then after doing that code edit, it fixed it.

Our errors were identical including this line which is where the code edit takes place:

XenForo_Model_Node->getNodeOptionsArray() in MasterForums/Option/ForumChooser.php at line 18

Has the error now changed, at least?

17. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Yes I can update it but I want to wait to see if it works for him first.

18. Adam Howard

I tried just removing the code you suggested and and error moved to a new line (24)

PHP:
    An exception occurredUndefined variableforumOptions in /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/MasterForums/Option/ForumChooser.php on line 24

XenForo_Application
    ::handlePhpError() in MasterForums/Option/ForumChooser.php at line 24

::renderPreparedOptionsHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Option/ListOptions.php at line 30
        XenForo_FrontController
        XenForo_FrontController
    Decided to investigate possible "white space" issues and removed the wide space before it ... I know, unlikely, but never hurts to check.... Same error as above

Decided to remove the space above and below (again, double checking white space) and the error changed (line 22)

PHP:
    An exception occurredUndefined variableforumOptions in /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/MasterForums/Option/ForumChooser.php on line 22

XenForo_Application
    ::handlePhpError() in MasterForums/Option/ForumChooser.php at line 22

XenForo_FrontController
        XenForo_FrontController

19. Chris D

Did you remove the whole line, or just the part I highlighted in red?

This is the only bit that should have been removed from line 18:

Code:
    , '(unspecified)'
    I get the same error as you if I remove the whole line.

Line 18 should look like this:

Code:
    $forumOptions = $nodeModel->getNodeOptionsArray($nodeModel->getAllNodes(), $preparedOption['option_value']);

20. Adam Howard

I didn't notice the "red" high light. I should have scrolled it and not did a quick copy and paste (search and remove). :oops:

lol

YES, it works.

Yorick likes this.