Alerts not working in every case - what is the process?

CTXMedia

I'm getting a few complaints that alerts aren't working consistently.

How are alerts managed within XF - are they based on a cron job that runs every few minutes? are they intended to be instant? do multiple alerts for the same thread get merged (or reduced to a single alert)?

Just so I can understand the process and then I can begin to look at what, if anything, may be the problem.

Thanks,
Shaun :D

I think what's added to the confusion is the alerts for quotes and likes mixed in with replies - you can see the thread title multiple times and assume it's multiple replies; at least that's how one of my members has described their misinterpretation of it.

All good now though ... (y)

Just a thought, could CSS be used to change the background colour of "reply" alerts only - in the drop-down list of alerts?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I am meeting alert issues after an import from vb :(

Users, who are actually watching a thread, do not receive alerts when new messages are posted in the threads.

Would they have to read the thread at least once to reactivate the alert system ? Is there another way to do it for them ?

Thanks

Marina

Would they have to read the thread at least once to reactivate the alert system ? Is there another way to do it for them ?
If the threads are showing up on the unread watched threads page, then they won't get another alert until they read them. There isn't really a way to stop that; manually inserting some forum read records could work, but it would also mark everything else as read which may not be desirable. They should go to the unread watched threads page and read the threads there.

Top Bottom