Implemented  Alert when Quoted...

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Thank's @Onimua for liking this does any one else think this would be a good or viable solution also?

I love the Alert functionality in xenForo and think it would be great if you were alerted when someone quoted (or replied to your post) and not just the thread... This may help to drive continued conversation in the forums.

+1 Ceri ;)

I love the Alert functionality in xenForo and think it would be great if you were alerted when someone quoted (or replied to your post) and not just the thread... This may help to drive continued conversation in the forums.

I thought I already supported it... must be in another discussion. But I completely agree with you.

Man , I have such a great feeling about xenForo... a feeling I never ever had since vB4 saw 'the light' (better call it darkness...).

I thought I already supported it... must be in another discussion. But I completely agree with you.

Man , I have such a great feeling about xenForo... a feeling I never ever had since vB4 saw 'the light' (better call it darkness...).

Heck where is this other thread :P... Things are moving so fast here I can't keep up :D... it is a nice feeling.

Heck where is this other thread :p... Things are moving so fast here I can't keep up :D... it is a nice feeling.

That's why I follow the people I know, and click on news feed, so I track the content first that I am interested in and my friends are interested in. Before clicking on 'what's new' from the header navbar.

You mean an alert even if you're not watching the thread? Or would this apply to threads you watch, where you would only get an alert if they replied directly to your post or quoted one of your posts, but you would not get an alert if someone just replies to the thread, but not in reply to you?

I think this should be in addition to thread watching. If someone replies directly to your post or quotes your post, then you get an alert for that, regardless of thread "watching" status.

You mean an alert even if you're not watching the thread? Or would this apply to threads you watch, where you would only get an alert if they replied directly to your post or quoted one of your posts, but you would not get an alert if someone just replies to the thread, but not in reply to you?

I think this should be in addition to thread watching. If someone replies directly to your post or quotes your post, then you get an alert for that, regardless of thread "watching" status.

This would be separate from thread watching... So if you watch a thread EVERY post in that thread you will get alerted of, however if you don't but someone quotes/replies directly to your thread you still get notified with a direct link to the post your quoted in...

I would love this feature as would mean I will know when someone replies to me without having to watch every thread.

For someone to quote you they would have to reply in the thread for which you would have already gotten an alert for. It would create a duplicate alert for the same post.

/me thinks about how this could be possible...

*has an idea.

Edit:

*realises that wouldn't work... goes back to the drawing board

Great to know its being thought about, would be something no other board **that I know about** offers and would really help the conversation flow :D

For someone to quote you they would have to reply in the thread for which you would have already gotten an alert for. It would create a duplicate alert for the same post.

Sorry I am not sure how you worked this out? If you are not watching the thread you won't currently get an alert for it... This would mean you would get an alert when you are quoted but not for every post in that thread... However if you want to be alerted for every post you can then watch the thread.

Where would you get duplicate alerts in the scenario?

You would get an alert for someone replying in the thread and another alert for someone quoting your post in the same thread ie 2 alerts for the same thread/post, unless im mistaken and that's not how it works. ATM all threads i reply in i get an alert when another people replies in it so it would create a duplicate alert for basically the same thing. Again i might be mistaken and that's not how the system works.

You would get an alert for someone replying in the thread and another alert for someone quoting your post in the same thread ie 2 alerts for the same thread/post, unless im mistaken and that's not how it works. ATM all threads i reply in i get an alert when another people replies in it so it would create a duplicate alert for basically the same thing. Again i might be mistaken and that's not how the system works.

You are getting those alerts at the moment because you are watching those threads... I am only suggesting that the alert for quoted thread happens if you are not watching the thread...

Which means that you can be alerted of replies (if quoted) without the need to watch every thread and be alerted of every post in a thread after yours.

If these multiple alerts are implemented (btw nice idea), and I don't know if this has been suggested it would be nice to see the alerts colour coded. For quotes say a yellow notification icon as well as a red one for the "like"alert etc etc that way you would know what kind of alert you have received.

Top Bottom