Send an alert when X amount of votes has been reached

sbj

It would be annoying if I would get an alert for each upvote/downvote I received.

But I believe it would be great if we could get an alert every X amount of votes reminding us that one of our suggestions or answers are popular.

Like very big forums could set it to 100 and when it reaches that, an alert is send (or e-mail, if opted in).
Or like we can set it to multiplies of 100, so I get an alert when 100 is reached, 200, 300, 400...

The setting could be both a default ACP option where we as admins could enter thresholds, like 10, 50, 100. And users could set it in their accounts from these 3 options for example.

Last edited:
Upvote 31
I like this suggestion.

Currently the reddit app lets me know when a submission of mine or even a reply has garnered 5 upvotes, 10, etc etc.

I’d vote for it if it’s a configurable option, so admins can set the amount themselves. I would set it to 1 as it’s no different than the reaction system in place now.

I’ve up voted this but I do think I’d prefer it for an alert each vote as it was previously with reactions.

Edit: but I see that’s covered if X amount is set to 1

Yep setting it to 1 would cover it like you guys want it.

In my experience let's take reddit as example. For each reply, a reddit thread gets 1-100x the number of votes. So, say my reddit thread got 100 replies, I get between 100 and 10000 upvotes.

So, especially big boards would go crazy I believe if every user would get an alert for every vote. That is why my suggestion was made like this. It should be configurable by the admin and everyone should decide for themselves what the best number is. Small boards would be fine with setting it to 1 but medium sized boards will find it tiring.

What would be AWESOME is the alert tells you how many. Since we don't know who voted there is no reason to keep visiting the actual post just to see a number.

Your question "Who cares?" has received 5 votes
Your question "Who cares?" has received 10 votes
and for those that want it every time
Your question "Who cares?" has received 11 votes

Seeing that number in the alert would be pretty awesome imo.

Top Bottom