Fixed Alert Templates stopped working

Sanlei

Affected version
I wanted to update the already faulty
alert_user_post_move
template as it has 2 issues that werent adressed yet:
  • user can see new threadtitles when moving posts into hidden forums they dont have access to. Which is annoying for our moderating as we want to let them know when we remove posts, but we dont want to alert them a link that isnt working for them with an title that is meant for our eyes and not them. I used to have an simple solution checking on a certain tempoary prefix but i noticed lately it wouldnt work as designed and now i know a better solution for this, but template changes are simply ignored despite working in the past. Its also confusing for the users as they cant access those links anyway.
  • user see the prefix of the source and not the prefix of the new thread. prefix('thread', $extra.prefix_id) . $extra.targetTitle Simply returns the TargetTitle with the SourcePrefix and not the TargetPrefix. So this is an seperate issue as it affects also normal moving of posts.
I gave up on updating the template as my changes were simply ignored, tested another one i made changes to and which worked also fine in prior versions:
alert_thread_reply_ban
but same issues: my old changes were simply ignored and new changes didnt have an effect. Also tested other alerts templates and all share the issue of being ignored.
Not sure if its since 2.0.10 or another recent update.

Last edited:
user can see new threadtitles when moving posts into hidden forums they dont have access to. Which is annoying for our moderating as we want to let them know when we remove posts, but we dont want to alert them a link that isnt working for them with an title that is meant for our eyes and not them.
We're not going to make any changes here as really the expectation of the move notification is to inform them specifically of where their posts have been moved to so the users are able to find them again. If you're essentially hiding them then there's little point in sending the notification.

user see the prefix of the source and not the prefix of the new thread. prefix('thread', $extra.prefix_id) . $extra.targetTitle Simply returns the TargetTitle with the SourcePrefix and not the TargetPrefix. So this is an seperate issue as it affects also normal moving of posts.
We have made changes here though so that the correct thread prefix is shown.

I gave up on updating the template as my changes were simply ignored, tested another one i made changes to and which worked also fine in prior versions:
alert_thread_reply_ban
but same issues: my old changes were simply ignored and new changes didnt have an effect. Also tested other alerts templates and all share the issue of being ignored.
Not sure if its since 2.0.10 or another recent update.
I don't really have a comment on this bit. Whatever it is will likely be a logical explanation such as editing parent templates where the child templates have been modified, or making the changes in the wrong style. You'd be better off creating a new thread in the "Troubleshooting" forum for that specifically with more information.

Thank you for reporting this issue. The issue is now resolved and we are aiming to include that in a future XF release (2.0.12).

Change log:
Ensure prefix of destination thread is shown in moved post alert.
Any changes made as a result of this issue being resolved may not be rolled out here until later.

Top Bottom