Resource icon

Aggregating Forums [Paid] 1.2.2

No permission to buy ($25.00)
Can you apply this SQL as a hot-fix:
SQL:
alter table xf_user_option change sv_aggregated_nodes sv_aggregated_nodes text default null;

I think this is a difference in MySQL versions or something.

is there some way to natively duplicate the function of this addon in XF2, or do we need to wait for an update?

@Xon installed the add-on, and when going to acp > applications > forum aggregation > and checking the boxes, there's no "save" option, so the options don't stay. am i missing a step?

Those changes save once you check the various boxes. This UX inconsistency crops up in other places in the XF UI.

Those changes save once you check the various boxes. This UX inconsistency crops up in other places in the XF UI.
clicking the boxes and then navigating away from the page and then back to the page results in no boxes set again

the only thing i can think of is that i also have UserTaggingImprovements installed, so an SV folder in Library already existed.. i didn't upload the Utils folder from the AggregatingForums add-on, since that folder + contents already existed in the SV directory. Not sure if there's a difference in the contents of those files found in the Utils doc between the one that came with UserTaggingImprovements vs the one in AggregatingForums? and/or if that could be at play here?

Check to see if there are any javascript errors, or that network traffic is handling via opening the dev tools with "F12" and viewing the console & network tab.s

Check to see if there are any javascript errors, or that network traffic is handling via opening the dev tools with "F12" and viewing the console & network tab.s
reinstalled and took care of the issue. i am, however, experiencing something else... aggregation is turned on, permissions set; yet, i don't see any aggregation taking place. am i missing an additional setting somewhere to turn on the aggregation?

1573958966338.webp

1573959002693.webp

test 4:
1573959057205.webp\\

test 3:
1573959081580.webp

...test 4 should be aggregating into test 3, given the current settings, correct?

Almost sounds like an add-on conflict somewhere.

Yes, there should also be a "aggregating forums" link at the top of the page. Check the template modifications? You probably should open a ticket on my site for further troubleshooting as I'll likely need access to see what else is installed & check configuration options.

Almost sounds like an add-on conflict somewhere.

Yes, there should also be a "aggregating forums" link at the top of the page. Check the template modifications? You probably should open a ticket on my site for further troubleshooting as I'll likely need access to see what else is installed & check configuration options.
i found the issue. it was a permissions piece. per the screenshot above, i was setting the permissions at the forum-level. setting it at the user group level corrected the issue.

...i would have expected the aggregation settings be allowed by default (i.e., that inherit should equate to allowed) for these and that i shouldn't have needed to do anything on the permissions at all... is my assumption incorrect?

I think it is a bug in the XF1 version, the XF2 version has the permission setup properly.

@Xon was just about to implement into my live environment, but i noticed that ignored forums aren't respected (?). Looks like if ignoring child forum, it will still show in the parent if aggregated into it. This a bug? Or am I missing some setup?

EDIT: i think this will be a showstopper for me being able to use the add-on...which really bums me out. is there any edit i can make to resolve?
EDIT2: oddly enough, ignored prefixes is respected...but forums is not

Last edited:
Ignored prefixes by Prefix Essentials is explicitly supported.

Ignored forums are provided by an add-on, and without knowing which add-on that is from; it isn't supported.

Ignored forums are provided by an add-on, and without knowing which add-on that is from; it isn't supported.
i'm using this:

which was replaced by this:
by @ThemeHouse

Top Bottom