XF 2.0 After hacking, I need to reinstall Xenforo... How?

cyrilmalka

Hello,

Some of our sites have been hacked and I had to remove some corrupt files everywhere, to reinstall wordpress, etc.

My Xenforo-forum was hit too.

My databases haven't been touched, so they are fine.

How can I reinstall Xenforo without losing my layout, colors, graphics, etc? Is there a guide somewhere about that?

If your database hasn't been touched then your layout and colors will restore automatically with a backup restoration.

However if you don't have your graphics then that might be your only loss. TBH, the database is everything and is the most important part of your situation. With that said you will keep everything that was changed on your Xenforo board aside from indirect files you were linking to like graphics.

Really all can be restored if you just re-upload a new copy of the files and restore the database.

Thank you all.

I saw just now that someone answers that I can upload the update version but I just saw it and I am already uploading the full version right now (I only saw the first answer in my mail).

Yes, Brad, I was very relieved when I saw the databases weren't touched, because, as you wrote, that's everything. And even though it should overwrite the design and graphic, I can restore it (I still have it), I'm just a bit lazy after restoring about 50 of our sitesf, so I hope it won't :)

Thank you for your offer, Codeless, I found the hole: A very old site from my wife made with homemade PHP back i 2004 or 2005 full of holes. A nice open door :)

I'm glad we actually didn't have more damage than what we had. It could have been a disaster.

Thank you for your help, all. I'll post the result of the upload when it is over so we have a thread that can help others just in case.

Regards,

Cyril

All right: After finishing uploading the forum (full version), it works again and the design is untouched (yes, I removed the "install" folder after the transfer was done).

Thank you, everyone :)

See you around.

Regards,

Cyril

Top Bottom