After 1.2... 1.3 or 2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chulapi

Hi @Mike,

I'd like to know if after 1.2 (which came full of new features, like if it were 1.5) you'll release 1.3 or 2.0?
Dear moderators: please stop closing these threads without valid reasons. At least let Mike a chance to answer our questions regarding the XenForo roadmap.

Thanks.

Mike will answer questions about the XenForo roadmap when he, and the other developers, are ready to.

To answer your question, however, I have previously had a conversation with Mike and 1.3 was mentioned.

Of course, bear in mind, that's subject to change, and there's likely to be several minor point releases before we start seeing anything about 1.3.

Seriously? 1.2 hasn't been out for 2 days and you're wanting to know what's next?

To coin the phrase.. More waiting is required.

You're anybody to request something like that to moderators. Apart from that, your question is ridiculous

Mike will answer questions about the XenForo roadmap when he, and the other developers, are ready to.

To answer your question, however, I have previously had a conversation with Mike and 1.3 was mentioned.

Of course, bear in mind, that's subject to change, and there's likely to be several minor point releases before we start seeing anything about 1.3.
I would suppose both branches are worked on together, as long as more long-term changes (2.0 - we know at the moment that permissions system will be refactored for performance)

Let the 3rd party dev's catch up on 1.2 before you worry about a next version. I'm sure you still have plenty of new toys to go play with in 1.2.

Dear Santa

Thanks for my lovely Christmas presents. So, what am I going to get next Christmas?

Give Mike, Kier and the team a break, please, they've worked damned hard on getting 1.2 to us, they deserve 5 minutes peace on questions about what's next. It's not like they are getting a break as it is with all of the help they are having to give to some people upgrading to 1.2.

In my opinion it is way too early for a serious discussion about the next "bigger" release. Although some things might be planned already, I suppose many are not yet.

On the other hand I understand that people like to talk about expectations, wishes, ideas... so why not speculate?

Have to agree 1.2 is just out the door as well as the time consuming building of 1.2 features it's quite obvious refining them and fixing up issues during the beta and RC phases is the focus point. I guess what I'm trying to say is "in before the lock" :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom