1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Unable to use forums page after 1.2 update

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by iFullyPro, Sep 3, 2013.

1. iFullyPro

iFullyPro Member

So basically when clicking on the forums page (using the plugin nodes as tabs to do this) I simply refreshes the home page. This happened right after updating to 1.2 and makes it impossible for users to use the forums.

I checked with the developer of the template who said it is a very easy fix however he wants me to pay him in order to find out what this simple fix is.

How could I go about fixing this?

Also, the user login appears to be screwed up. If you try to "sign in or create account" in the top right of the screen, the resulting header drop (just like the one on this forum) is vertically stretched.

Help D:
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's probably something to do with XenPorta.

Disable that in the Admin CP first. Then see if you can access URLs properly.

EDIT: Don't give your theme designer any money. This to me doesn't seem like a styling issue.
    Adam Howard likes this.
  3. iFullyPro

iFullyPro Member

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try that out.
  4. iFullyPro

iFullyPro Member

OK that eliminated the homepage but the forums are now the acting homepage. Does that mean XenPorta is out of date?

EDIT: I'll leave it disabled so you can see for yourself.
  5. Chris D

There is an update for XenPorta.

You should now install that and see if that resolves the issue.
    Digital Doctor likes this.
  6. iFullyPro

iFullyPro Member

EDIT: Nevermind, got it.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  7. iFullyPro

iFullyPro Member

Getting a new error when trying to reinstall XenPorta. I uninstalled it first and deleted the files just as the update installation required. Screen Shot 2013-09-03 at 8.47.47 PM.png
  8. Chris D

You should post in the add-on support thread for that issue.

@Jaxel might need to do something about that.
  9. iFullyPro

iFullyPro Member

Alrighty, thanks.