Advanced User Upgrades [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, we have a tiered upgrades system, and I was looking for a way to discount higher upgrades if you purchase a lower one.

Example:
I buy Gold Donor for 20$, and want to upgrade to Diamond Donor (Normally $30), but since I payed $20 already, it's only a $10 upgrade.

Do you think this addon could do this?

LP-John, what's new? Able to access?
Nope, I've heard no response from the addon maker. I would advise all those who have purchased this addon and not received the goods to simply open up a report with PayPal. About all you can do at this point. It's sad though...

Nope, I've heard no response from the addon maker. I would advise all those who have purchased this addon and not received the goods to simply open up a report with PayPal. About all you can do at this point. It's sad though...

Hold your horses, please consider I'm just one guy and you were asking for support during the holidays - I was out visiting my family and returned only today.

Your purchases went through just fine but paypal is a bit unclear in its payment flow, if you'd click the redirect link (or simply go to my support section) your downloads should show up just fine. Here's a direct link: http://naatan.com/support/forums/releases.16/

In my dealings with Naatan, I have found him to be fair and professional. Not sure anyone really cares about that, but I figured I'd toss in a good word for him and his services as a counter to the last few negative messages..

I have noticed a couple of issues with my user upgrades. It should be giving all users who purchase the upgrade a particular usergroup, but it does not. Has anyone experienced this issue? Also, would you be able to add a feature of user upgrade permissions? The ability to hide or disable upgrades for people in particular usergroups?

I'm also getting this in my transaction log:
No txn_id

I have noticed a couple of issues with my user upgrades. It should be giving all users who purchase the upgrade a particular usergroup, but it does not. Has anyone experienced this issue? Also, would you be able to add a feature of user upgrade permissions? The ability to hide or disable upgrades for people in particular usergroups?

I'm also getting this in my transaction log:

Note that the usergroup option only applies to new purchase, it does not retroactively upgrade the usergroup for users who have made a purchase in the past.

Please report any bugs you encounter on my support site and I'll be sure to look into it. Try to include as many information as you can, with the information you've given here I likely won't be able to do much, unfortunately.

Just bought the plugin download and install were a breeze Thank You!

Is it possible to include some of the other information that would normally be required during registration like DOB, Gender and custom XF fields that our forum is asking for. I love the plugin I just want to make sure and get that other information during sign up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Just bought the plugin download and install were a breeze Thank You!

Is it possible to include some of the other information that would normally be required during registration like DOB, Gender and custom XF fields that our forum is asking for. I love the plugin I just want to make sure and get that other information during sign up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It wouldn't be very hard to modify the addon yourself to do this, or hire someone to do it for you. Very small job.

I kept it bare basics because I do not want to bother guests with a big registration form when they just want to make a purchase.

Bug: When trying to save the
PayPal Primary Account Email
i'm getting this error:

The following error occurred:
Array to string conversion
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. strval() in C:\xampp\htdocs\xf\dev\library\XenForo\Input.php at line 192
  3. XenForo_Input::_doClean() in C:\xampp\htdocs\xf\dev\library\XenForo\Input.php at line 179
  4. XenForo_Input->filterSingle() in C:\xampp\htdocs\xf\dev\library\AdvancedUpgrades\ControllerAdmin\Extend\Option.php at line27
  5. AdvancedUpgrades_ControllerAdmin_Extend_Option->actionSave() inC:\xampp\htdocs\xf\dev\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 310
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in C:\xampp\htdocs\xf\dev\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 132
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in C:\xampp\htdocs\xf\dev\admin.php at line 13[/ph]

Fix:
AdvancedUpgrades_ControllerAdmin_Extend_Option
replace line 27 with
PHP:
$options = $this->_input->filterSingle('options', XenForo_Input::ARRAY_SIMPLE);

Have you considered to include RM support to this addon?

e.g. think about RM + commercial resources
after you insert a commercial resource, the addon could
  • create automatic a special usergroup to after the addon was inserted into the resource manager,
  • create the user upgrade option
  • manipulates the download permission of the resource:D
Without permission => redirect to the buy page
With permission => File Download
ATM I'm not sure about the usergroups, because if there are too many commercial resources, we'll get too many usergroups.

Just wondering if this helps with my specific requirements...

Here is the process I would like to implement.

1. The potential subscriber lands on my landing page... and decides they want to sign up to my forum by clicking on a link to a XenForo sign up form....

2. Customer then fills out the sign up form...

3. Customer then clicks a subscribe button at the bottom of the screen which then takes them to Paypal to set up their subscription payment

4. Customer then returned to the front page of the forum to start using the forum, or a think you page asking them to confirm their subscription...

Is this possible?

Basically this forum will be a PAID forum ONLY, no free accounts, due to the type of content that will be held in there.

Thanks in advance if you are able to assist

Tim

Bug: When trying to save the
PayPal Primary Account Email
i'm getting this error:

Fix:
AdvancedUpgrades_ControllerAdmin_Extend_Option
replace line 27 with
PHP:
$options = $this->_input->filterSingle('options', XenForo_Input::ARRAY_SIMPLE);

I guess something changed in the latest XF update. Will update the addon when I have some time, thanks for reporting.

For some reason... ever since we installed 1.1.4 it doesn't seem to actually be upgrading the users. Not sure how we can go about debugging this... we've made no configuration changes(we sell styles using usergroups) no server log errors... nothing else changed other than 1.1.4.

Ideas?

Hey Naathan... we figured out our last issue, but we have a new one.

We're trying to use this add-on: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/advanced-user-upgrade.39423/

However with yours and that enabled we can't modify the upgrades what so ever.

If I disable yours... we can use the upgrades along with that plugin together.

We asked on that plugin but no response yet, just curious if you have an idea why having both would not let us see the user upgrades.

Due to time constrains and lack of motivation I am saddened to let you know that I have discontinued development of my paid addons. The motivation aspect of it mostly stems from the lack of communication from the XF developers in the past months - it's hard to be passionate about a software if the software's own development don't even seem to be, or they just don't care about their users.

I've spoken to Waindigo, who most of you probably know from his wide selection of addons, about taking over development of my addons, which he agreed to. I do not know his exact plans with the addons, but I do know he intends to release them free of charge to non-commercial users. Commercial users that have purchased one of my addons in the past 12 months may contact Waindigo in order to get their license transferred. You will need to include your original paypal transaction id for him to validate your request. Note that Waindigo has not received any customer information from me beyond transaction ID's, dates and email hashes - so that he may validate your requests.

You can contact Waindigo via his email or website;

E-mail: jon@waindigo.com

Thank you all for your support of my addons, should you have any questions please feel free to email myself or Waindigo. Please do not use my support site anymore as I plan to take it down soon as it serves no further purpose and has been overrun my spambots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom