Advanced User Upgrades [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naatan

Naatan submitted a new resource:

Advanced User Upgrades (version 1.0) - Allow guests to purchase, multiple purchases, custom redirects, license agreements, more..

Advanced User Upgrades expands the default XenForo User Upgrades functionality with the following features:
  • Allow guest purchasing (will embed registration form)
  • License Agreements
  • Custom Redirect URL’s
  • HTML in descriptions
  • Buy an upgrade multiple times
  • Admin page to view transaction logs
  • Admin page for active upgrade details
  • Options to easily switch to a different terminology (rename User Upgrades to Products for example)
This is especially useful for...

Read more about this resource...

Wow, I like the idea of being able to sell an account upgrade to a guest who hasn't registered yet!

Wow, I like the idea of being able to sell an account upgrade to a guest who hasn't registered yet!

Yeah that's how it started out, then the rest just naturally evolved from that since they were all features you kind of need when selling digital products.

I'm sure there are many more ways of applying the added features though.

While I have no use for it for now I'm sure this will attract many users not only for addon & style developers. A quick note Naatan, I went to your site and checked out the product page. When I click on purchase and the popup screen fixates and the go button isn't visible.

caps.webp

The same problem is happening currently with your avatar gallery plugin. Although you can modify the css it would much better if the popup screen would scroll down with the rest of the page. If you ask me I find it a bit redundant and would prefer a new page insted, too much fancy stuff :D

While I have no use for it for now I'm sure this will attract many users not only for addon & style developers. A quick note Naatan, I went to your site and checked out the product page. When I click on purchase and the popup screen fixates and the go button isn't visible.

View attachment 28772

The same problem is happening currently with your avatar gallery plugin. Although you can modify the css it would much better if the popup screen would scroll down with the rest of the page. If you ask me I find it a bit redundant and would prefer a new page insted, too much fancy stuff :D

You can actually get it in it's own page as well, but it's not optimized: http://naatan.com/support/products/purchase?upgradeId=2

I will modify the code to default to this standalone page when your screen height is insufficient.

Thanks for letting me know :) I guess I got spoiled with my screen size :p

Very nice mod, the interface looks amazing too. One suggestion would be to add a login form with the registration form. Maybe a login form, divider then the registration form you have. I only say this because it may confuse some more novice users or they may buy something under another account which could be annoying. I know you did it this way for guest purchasing, just a suggestion :) great work! I can see myself using this in the future

Love the transaction log especially and other features. The guest purchase is nice, however for my situation I need to require them to have a Steam ID added to their account before purchasing. Guest purchasing is an optional feature yes? I'm afraid it's the one thing I may have to avoid if I end up snagging this.

One thing I noticed in the overlays was the Cancel buttons did not close the overlay unless I had checked the checkbox first.

Everything else seems great. :)

I have two questions:

1. Does it completely replace default account upgrades system?
  2. It is possible to do any discounts for current customers with this addon?

This is much better imho. Great job again (y)

I'll add a setting to allow you to use this by default.

Very nice mod, the interface looks amazing too. One suggestion would be to add a login form with the registration form. Maybe a login form, divider then the registration form you have. I only say this because it may confuse some more novice users or they may buy something under another account which could be annoying. I know you did it this way for guest purchasing, just a suggestion :) great work! I can see myself using this in the future

Thanks for the suggestion, I will add a link to the login form in the description, that should hopefully clear things up enough. It would get too crowded if I would try to embed the login form as well, and I want to keep it simple enough to not have to go through multiple signup pages.

Love the transaction log especially and other features. The guest purchase is nice, however for my situation I need to require them to have a Steam ID added to their account before purchasing. Guest purchasing is an optional feature yes? I'm afraid it's the one thing I may have to avoid if I end up snagging this.

One thing I noticed in the overlays was the Cancel buttons did not close the overlay unless I had checked the checkbox first.

Everything else seems great. :)

Currently it's not optional but I will add this as an option. The cancel button being disabled is a bug in XF as far as I can tell, but I'll try to work around it.

I have two questions:

1. Does it completely replace default account upgrades system?
  2. It is possible to do any discounts for current customers with this addon?

1. Parts are replaced and parts are simply extended upon. It does not completely replace the default account upgrade system, but it probably won't work in combination with other addons that also modify this system.
2. Not at the moment, but this is a planned feature.

After purchasing I got this error on your fourm:

Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

The address was: http://naatan.com/support/products/purchasedRedirect?upgradeId=2

Thanks, that's odd since this was already addressed in the beta, I'll look into it.

1) Can an upgrade be available to certain usergroups? For example, all registered members can buy upgrade to Basic memberships which will add them to Basic usergroup. Premier upgrades can only be purchased by this Basic usergroup. And so on
2) If i have an account upgrade that allow people 3 months access. If they want 1 extra month, can i make a new upgrade that simply extends the original 3 months one more month? And again, if the answer to 1) is yes, then this new upgrade can be bought only by those who bought the original 3 month.

1) Can an upgrade be available to certain usergroups? For example, all registered members can buy upgrade to Basic memberships which will add them to Basic usergroup. Premier upgrades can only be purchased by this Basic usergroup. And so on
2) If i have an account upgrade that allow people 3 months access. If they want 1 extra month, can i make a new upgrade that simply extends the original 3 months one more month? And again, if the answer to 1) is yes, then this new upgrade can be bought only by those who bought the original 3 month.

1. Yes but this is not a feature I added, XenForo offers this natively.
2. I haven't added any functionality like this and I'm not sure whether XenForo offers it natively. Sounds like a good feature to add if it doesn't though.

I have a suggestion / request. My members would like the ability to buy an upgrade as a gift for another user.

since some upgrade recur, it might be nice to be able to limit which upgrades can be purchased as a gift.

thanks

Naatan updated Advanced User Upgrades with a new update entry:

Minor bug fixes and added options to disable potentially unwanted features

• Added option to disable guest purchases
  • Added option to disable buy popup (use standalone page instead)
  • Added login link to registration popup
  • Fixed permission error on redirect
  • Fixed popup not being fully visible on small screen sizes
  • Fixed cancel button being disabled unless agreement box is checked
  • Fixed some important javascript code not being loaded properly

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have a suggestion / request. My members would like the ability to buy an upgrade as a gift for another user.

since some upgrade recur, it might be nice to be able to limit which upgrades can be purchased as a gift.

thanks

That's a great idea, I will add it in one of the next versions.

Is this with XF stock?
When I create a new account upgrade, I don't see any option so that only certain usergroups can buy this.

Sorry, I was confused with the "Disables user upgrades" feature, which does the inverse of what you are asking for. I will add a "Enables user upgrades" feature. As for usergroup specific upgrades, I will also look into that.

That's a great idea, I will add it in one of the next versions.

oh man, if you added this I would purchase it in a heart beat. I could really use gift purchases. I think they'd almost always want to purchase it as a one time thing, but currently all the available upgrades are subscriptions and thus they recur. Would they be able to choose it as a 1 time thing rather than a regular recurring sub? Or would I have to define separate upgrades that are duplicates of the ones I have, only they don't recur? Not sure what's possible here. :oops:

Either way looking forward to that update.

Had a incident today where a user wanted to make 3 subscription / upgrade purchases for other members & I was reminded of this addon. Not posting to sound eager, just adding some emphasis on how useful that feature would be for my forum. Really hope it's something that's included in the next update as I'd love to finally purchase this. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom