Advanced Reputation System [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please put a time limit on retraction of ratings. Otherwise a user can retract all ratings to a user out of spite. Even years later.
The purpose of retraction is to correct errors made. A user only needs 5-10 minutes to realize his error. After that no retraction is needed.

I agree. Thank you for the suggestion. It has been added to the to-do list for next version.

Please consider these suggestions as well:
  • Permission: can see others reputation tab on profiles
  • Report rating comment.
  • Permission: can moderate ratings
  • Rating moderation queue with options to approve, delete, ignore and report. With preset deletion reasons and a deletion notification.
  • Display ratings below post.
  • Reputation trophies / criteria: User has more than X points. User has higher points than posts. User has rated more than X posts. User has rated more than X post with negative rating. Users last X received ratings were not negative.
  • Rate post inline. Popups and extra steps decrease the number of ratings. Reduce clicks by displaying the rating fields within the post after the 'rate post' button has been clicked.
  • Preset rating comments for negative ratings.
  • Permission: can leave free text rating comment with negative rating.
  • Detect reputation trade. If you are interested in adding such function then I can share the algorithms in private.
  • Guest ratings with preset rating comments. Keep track of guests by requesting email account or FB authentication, IP and cookie.
As you know I am willing to sponsor any of these features.

borbole updated Advanced Reputation System with a new update entry:

Time limit on deleting own reputations (minutes)

In this new version, Time limit on deleting own reputations (minutes), has been added. This is group permission based.

By default it is set to 0 minutes. Meaning users will not be able to delete their reputations at all. If you want to change that then at the 0 field enter the number of minutes that you want your users to wait before they will be able to delete their own reputations. If you do not want to have a limit at all for reputation deletion, set it to Unlimited.

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Report rating comment.
  • Rating moderation queue with options to approve, delete, ignore and report. With preset deletion reasons and a deletion notification.
  • Reputation trophies / criteria: User has more than X points. User has higher points than posts. User has rated more than X posts. User has rated more than X post with negative rating. Users last X received ratings were not negative.
  • Rate post inline. Popups and extra steps decrease the number of ratings. Reduce clicks by displaying the rating fields within the post after the 'rate post' button has been clicked.
  • Detect reputation trade. If you are interested in adding such function then I can share the algorithms in private.
  • Guest ratings with preset rating comments. Keep track of guests by requesting email account or FB authentication, IP and cookie.
As you know I am willing to sponsor any of these features.
Cool! @borbole if you implement all of these features we with my friend join to @Alfa1 for payment you for these features. How much? :)

This is already build in. Group-Permissions:

Permissions to view reputation tab on user profiles in all profiles.

Permissions to view reputation tab for own profiles only.

Cool! @borbole if you implement all of these features we with my friend join to @Alfa1 for payment you for these features. How much? :)

Payment is best discussed in private. I sent you a pm about it btw.

Last edited:
Here is the complete list of functions I want to have and am willing to co-sponsor:
  • Report rating comment.
  • Show thread title in reputation list on profile.
  • Show ratings (value, membername, comments) below post.
  • Star rating interface (font-awesome)
  • Reputation search by staff

Last edited:
I am having problems with this addon.

Problem 1. When someone changes text color on taigachat shoutbox a fake reputation point is awarded to the member.

Problem 2. When an avatar is uploaded a fake reputation point is awarded. I have the option to award rep points for uploading avatar disabled in reputation admin cp.

Please fix this so the addon can work properly.

Update: I reinstalled and it works now. Thanks :)

Last edited:
I am having problems with this addon.

Problem 1. When someone changes text color on taigachat shoutbox a fake reputation point is awarded to the member.

Problem 2. When an avatar is uploaded a fake reputation point is awarded. I have the option to award rep points for uploading avatar disabled in reputation admin cp.

Please fix this so the addon can work properly.

Update: I reinstalled and it works now. Thanks :)

Glad to see that you got it solved :)

Hi everyone. We just bought this add-on.

We recently moved from VB 3.8 and when we did the import, it imported VB "reputations" as XF "likes". On our old system, reputation was anonymous. Now people can see who gave them the old reputation because it's listed in their XF "likes" history, along with the user who gave it. Does anyone know how we can remove these, or at least remove the user id?

I thought I should ask before we use the importer that comes with this add-on.

Thank you!

Hi everyone. We just bought this add-on.

We recently moved from VB 3.8 and when we did the import, it imported VB "reputations" as XF "likes". On our old system, reputation was anonymous. Now people can see who gave them the old reputation because it's listed in their XF "likes" history, along with the user who gave it. Does anyone know how we can remove these, or at least remove the user id?

I thought I should ask before we use the importer that comes with this add-on.

Thank you!

Hi,

If you use the reputations vb converter of my mod, then all vb reputations will be imported as reputations in my mod.

Here is the complete list of functions I want to have and am willing to co-sponsor:
  • Report rating comment.
  • Show thread title in reputation list on profile.
  • Show ratings (value, membername, comments) below post.
  • Star rating interface (font-awesome)
I also want to sponsor this.

I have just installed the rep system.
At this moment i notice the "received reputation" is on profile tab, where "sent reputation" is somewhere on the user control panel.
I think both of them should be displayed on the same page (whether both of them should be on profile tab / on the user control panel).
(i think both of them on profile tab is the best place).

Someone asked me to explain what I mean with a rating moderation queue. Here is my description:

The rating moderation function would allow your staff to approve, edit or deny any new ratings before the ratings become visible. This allows your staff to filter out any abuse and correct any disproportionate ratings.

When reputation moderation is turned on, new ratings are sent to the reputation moderation queue first. Moderators should see the number of ratings awaiting approval in the moderator bar
On the moderation queue page there is a listing of all new ratings awaiting approval, including:
  • Thread title linked to post, with post content on hover.
  • Post author
  • Number of reputation points (editable by staff)
  • Member who sent rating
  • Rating comment (editable by staff)
  • Timestamp, date of rating
  • Number of accepted ratings the post already has
  • Accept, Delete, Ignore toggle function
  • Report post Y/N toggle
Your staff can select to accept, delete or ignore the rating. If delete rating is selected, then a drop down will appear with present denial reasons and a custom reason.
If the staff selects a preset denial reason then an automatic message is send to the rater which explains why the rating was denied. If a custom message is selected then the staff member will see a text field to fill in the message to the rater.
As many members will not report posts but will send a negative ratings its often the case that a negative rating in the moderation queue is grounds for a report. The staff member can choose to create a report by selecting the report post toggle.

Last edited:
Here is my explanation of what I mean with star rating icons:

For the star rating concept the idea is that the admin would be able to set a value per star and can also use different icons than stars because its font awesome. The admin may want to use hearts, blocks, trophy icons or whatever. I would use stars which would look like this. Members would simply be able to select the desired number of reputation points by clicking the star rating interface.

For ratings I would use these values:
0,5 star = -20 reputation points
1.0 star = -15 reputation points
1,5 star = -10 reputation points
2,0 star = -5 reputation points
2,5 star = 0 reputation points
3,0 star = 5 reputation points
3,5 star = 10 reputation points
4,0 star = 15 reputation points
4,5 star = 20 reputation points
5.0 star = 25 reputation points

Others may want to set different values according to their preferences. The AdminCP should have settings for this.

For display of points in postbit it would also be nice to use font-Awesome icons. This allows us to display a members received reputation in a nice visual display. I would use yellow stars, but others could select another font-awesome icon. For example green blocks like in vbulletin.
It would be nice to have a setting to display total points or average rating* or both in postbit.
* number of received points divided by the number of rated posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom