Advanced Reputation System [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It means that after you rep a member of that group then you will have to rep x other members before you rep the same member twice. Just like it says at the mod description. Better than this I can not explain it.
o so if i had 50 set meaning i would have to give reputation 50 other members of that specific user group before i can give that same member rep twice again.

and i assume setting this to unlimited disables this feature? as in can i give as many rep points i want to that member of that user group? or does this simply disables the x rep meaning unlimited = never ending x rep?

and setting it to 0 would = give rep twice to same member of that group without giving x rep to other users of that group?

Hi,

This looks like a fantastic addon. My only problem is that I have just come over from MyBB and my members really want to bring across their reputation and points and comments, is there anyway to handle the import?

Also can you limit how many points someone can give? For example I had a rule that Members can only give each other one point, a higher user group can give 2 etc.

Many thanks.

Hi,

This looks like a fantastic addon. My only problem is that I have just come over from MyBB and my members really want to bring across their reputation and points and comments, is there anyway to handle the import?

Also can you limit how many points someone can give? For example I had a rule that Members can only give each other one point, a higher user group can give 2 etc.

Many thanks.

Hi,

There is not any converter for MyBB reputation points atm. I can write one for you for a fee if you will purchase the mod.

Yes, you can limit how many points members of an group can give.

Hi,

The reputation in the postbit on posts only shows the reputations for that particular post (I believe?) rather than the number that the user has. I think it would be a good option to allow the option to be set in the ACP whether to the number and the link shows either the number of reps the post has, or alternatively the number of reps the user has (as the number is in their postbit). Even better would be the option for both, maybe having the number of post reputations somewhere else on the post?

In addition I have a support question please. The phrase and number in the postbit does not match the rest of my theme: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_HAatT-wUn3V1p5XzFNUThrRlU/edit?usp=drivesdk
Please can you advise where and what I need to edit to correct this?

Many thanks.

Hi,

The reputation in the postbit on posts only shows the reputations for that particular post (I believe?) rather than the number that the user has. I think it would be a good option to allow the option to be set in the ACP whether to the number and the link shows either the number of reps the post has, or alternatively the number of reps the user has (as the number is in their postbit). Even better would be the option for both, maybe having the number of post reputations somewhere else on the post?

In addition I have a support question please. The phrase and number in the postbit does not match the rest of my theme: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_HAatT-wUn3V1p5XzFNUThrRlU/edit?usp=drivesdk
Please can you advise where and what I need to edit to correct this?

Many thanks.

The rep number in the postbits shows the total number of reputations that an user has received. Whereas if clicked it will show the reputations for that particular post only.

Regarding the second issue, you will have to check the postbit area of your custom theme and then apply the changes at the tms of the add on for the message_user_info template to match that of your custom theme.

This is exactly what I mean. As I said, I understand that you can't pre-test every permutation of every install, but you also can't expect all of your customers to use them in a vacuum. Especially for a paid add-on, I don't really expect to be paying again just so it doesn't break another one of the most popular product addons. It's certainly up to you, but it's not the most customer friendly way to be.

Not four posts above mine there's another customer with the exact same problem.

I'm not speaking from a point of ignorance here, I work for an electronics/software company, so we support a lot of different environments. I understand there's a time cost associated with it. And I'm not trying to lecture, just provide my perspective.

If it helps i am facing the same problem.

Update: @borbole has fixed the issue and emailed me the update. Thank you, all fixed now.

Last edited:
Anyone else having trouble with Nodes as Tabs when using this? I find that when I save a node and enable it to display as a tab it doesn't save the selection. As soon as I disable this it works fine.
@borbole, any chance you can figure out a way to allow us to set a user's reputation to a negative value? It's a little annoying that if I edit a member who has negative reputation it automatically resets to zero.
@borbole, please answer: first error, as I can see, was fixed. How about second error? I want buy your addon, but some annoying error stopped me.

@borbole, please answer: first error, as I can see, was fixed. How about second error? I want buy your addon, but some annoying error stopped me.

What second error would that be? And the thing with the Nodes as tabs was not an error btw, but a compatibility thing. 2 different things.

Ok. Clear. Second incompatable thing:
@borbole, any chance you can figure out a way to allow us to set a user's reputation to a negative value? It's a little annoying that if I edit a member who has negative reputation it automatically resets to zero.
As I understand, IF admin set negative value in adminCP when editing user, this is incompatable thing appear.

This is not an error but as designed. That area holds the reputation number of an user only.

I think it would be better if it would be designed so that if you edit a user, their reputation does not get reset to 0.

For example,

If I edit a user with -100 reputation, regardless of what I changes I make (reset password, change usergroup...etc) when I click "Save User" their reputation will get changed to 0. It would be better if it actually "holds" the reputation number instead of changing it.

I think it would be better if it would be designed so that if you edit a user, their reputation does not get reset to 0.

For example,

If I edit a user with -100 reputation, regardless of what I changes I make (reset password, change usergroup...etc) when I click "Save User" their reputation will get changed to 0. It would be better if it actually "holds" the reputation number instead of changing it.
Yes, it's true. May be @borbole don't understood us?

borbole updated Advanced Reputation System with a new update entry:

Anonymous reputations and a few other things

What is new in version 3.0.2.

1) In this version reputations can also be left anonymously. This is group permissioned based. Only users with permissions to view anonymous reputations will be able to view the anonymous reputations. Users receiving anonymous reputations will receive an alert informing them of that fact. Receiving of anonymous reputations can be enabled/disabled at users profiles->Alert Preferences->Reputation

2) You can place an user who has received x number of negative...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Price was raised. o_O
Very interesting. I planned buy addon today or tomorrow. Now I'll be wait some time. Thank you!

Price was raised. o_O
Very interesting. I planned buy addon today or tomorrow. Now I'll be wait some time. Thank you!

Seeing the fact that you were already interesting to purchase it before the price increase, you can purchase it with the old price (20 euro) if you are still interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom