Resource icon

Advanced Member Profile Search 2.0.1f

No permission to download
I had posted this in an another forum, but wasn't able to solve my problem. I'm wondering now if someone on this thread can help? I've been able to create custom fields and they show up on the members/list. But when I do an Advanced Member Profile Search the members/searchlist results don't show the custom fields. Please see the info below. I sure hope someone can help solve this mystery!

I've been successful in adding a custom filed (full name), a "Start a Conversation" button and some dates - to the member list page by editing the member_list_item template.

screen-shot-2015-03-01-at-4-35-42-pm-png.99964

However, when I search for users at "Brandeis University" ( or another field) you'll notice that the person's full name no longer shows up.
screen-shot-2015-03-01-at-4-38-02-pm-png.99966

Am I missing a coding phrase for this custom field? Am I putting the code in the wrong place? I've gotten pretty good at looking at examples on XF and working them in to my own templates, but now I'm at a total loss.

Thanks for any help!
M

<xen:require css="xenforo_member_list_item.css" />

<li class="primaryContent memberListItem{xen:if $extended, ' extended'}"{xen:if $id, ' id="{$id}"'}>

<xen:avatar user="$user" size="s" class="{xen:if $noOverlay, 'NoOverlay'}" />

<xen:if is="{$extraTemplate}"><div class="extra">{xen:raw $extraTemplate}</div></xen:if>

<div class="member">

<xen:if is="{$user.user_id}">

<div style="float: right;">
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id} AND {$user.user_id} != {$visitor.user_id}">
<div>
<a href="{xen:link conversations/add, '', 'to={$user.username}'}" class="button">{xen:phrase start_conversation}</a>
</div>

</xen:if>

</div>

<h3 class="username"><xen:username user="$user" rich="true" class="StatusTooltip{xen:if $noOverlay, ' NoOverlay'}" title="{xen:helper snippet, $user.status, 0, {xen:array 'stripPlainTag=1'}}" /></h3>

<div class="userInfo">
{xen:helper userFieldValue, $userFieldsInfo.name, $user, {$user.customFields.name}}

</div>
<div class="userInfo">

{$user.occupation}
</div>

<div class="userInfo">
<div class="userInfo">
<xen:comment> {xen:phrase for} </xen:comment> {xen:helper userFieldValue, $userFieldsInfo.pi, $user, {$user.customFields.pi}}

</div>

<div class="userInfo">

<div class="userBlurb dimmed">{xen:helper userBlurb, $user}</div>

<div>

{xen:phrase joined}: {xen:date $user.register_date}
</div>

<xen:comment><div>
{xen:phrase last_activity}: {xen:date $user.last_activity}
</div> </xen:comment>

</div>

<xen:elseif is="{$guestHtml}" />
<h3 class="username guest dimmed">{xen:raw $guestHtml}</h3>
<xen:else />
<h3 class="username guest dimmed">{xen:phrase guest}</h3>

<xen:if hascontent="true">
<div class="contentInfo"><xen:contentcheck>{xen:raw $contentTemplate}</xen:contentcheck></div>

</div>

</li>

Hello,
I used to use this then stopped using it..
Now that you've updated it, I reinstalled and updated it, but I can't get it working at all.
Nothing shows.

Is there anything we need to add or change after installation?
Gutted I can't get it working :(

Hello,
I used to use this then stopped using it..
Now that you've updated it, I reinstalled and updated it, but I can't get it working at all.
Nothing shows.

Is there anything we need to add or change after installation?
Gutted I can't get it working :(
No additional setup need.
You can test on this page: /members/search
I am install addon on new forum, and all work.

Also, and sorry to be a pain, but I don't see this when clicking find a member.
Instead it goes to 'online' users.

qqd3lautce6ln27cntlu1q-jpg.45026

Any ideas? and how can we figure out what displays on the member search page?
For example, I have a custom field 'where did you hear about us' - which is hidden and only displays to new members. This shows in the search field.
Otherwise, this is great! Thank you.
I used to use it then stopped, but come back as it is very good. :)

Okay we get errors when searching for someone based on location.
Could you tell me what the issue is please? The search yields fine, but the ACP we have error logs;

Code:
rrorException: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() - library/Akinak/CustomUserFieldSearch/Model/Account.php:16
Generated By: Admin, A moment ago
Stack Trace

#0 /*SITE*library/Akinak/CustomUserFieldSearch/Model/Account.php(16): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'Invalid argumen...', '/SITE*', 16, Array)
#1 /*SITE*library/Akinak/CustomUserFieldSearch/ControllerPublic/Account.php(49): Akinak_CustomUserFieldSearch_Model_Account->getLocs('CITY', false)
#2 /*SITE*library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Akinak_CustomUserFieldSearch_ControllerPublic_Account->actionSearchCity()
#3 /*SITE*library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /*SITE*index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(44) "http://*SITE*/account/searchCity"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(5) {
    ["q"] => string(5) "Search"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(15) "/members/search"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

OH thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Now I can stop wondering why the heck the fields wouldn't show up! Akinak you made my day!
M

Anyone have any suggestions to the errors we get when searching cities?
Thank you.

Okay we get errors when searching for someone based on location.
Could you tell me what the issue is please? The search yields fine, but the ACP we have error logs;

Code:
rrorException: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() - library/Akinak/CustomUserFieldSearch/Model/Account.php:16
Generated By: Admin, A moment ago
Stack Trace

#0 /*SITE*library/Akinak/CustomUserFieldSearch/Model/Account.php(16): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'Invalid argumen...', '/SITE*', 16, Array)
#1 /*SITE*library/Akinak/CustomUserFieldSearch/ControllerPublic/Account.php(49): Akinak_CustomUserFieldSearch_Model_Account->getLocs('CITY', false)
#2 /*SITE*library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Akinak_CustomUserFieldSearch_ControllerPublic_Account->actionSearchCity()
#3 /*SITE*library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /*SITE*index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(44) "http://*SITE*/account/searchCity"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(5) {
    ["q"] => string(5) "Search"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(15) "/members/search"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Hi. I've just installed this addon and noticed that the custom fields that have a drop-down selection render the internal value for the choice on the member profile page rather than the associated text. Has anyone else encountered this and if so, did you manage to correct it?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Top Bottom