Advanced Bb Codes Pack

Advanced Bb Codes Pack [Paid] 1.14.7

No permission to buy ($35.00)
another suggestion.....for tabs they need to be able to go full width....
There are many style properties which control this attribute, but next release will adjust the defaults.

would be nice to be able to edit the bbcode tag names too so things like "encadre" can be made more user friendly...if it is possible...
XenForo doesn't allow you to edit the tag name of bbcode.

trying it out, but ive noticed cannot add editor icons?

is there something we can do about that??

....we need buttons for them to be practical..
I didn't notice that bb-code added by an add-on aren't editable. Ugh. Adding buttons isn't going to help too much with the various complex bb-code this add-on provides. Adding better documentation is something I plan to add, as while this add-on is based on https://xenforo.com/community/resources/bbcodes-buttons-manager-advanced-bb-codes-pack.1428/ it isn't 100% the same

hello,
regarding tab width:
in particular...it is this line in the sv_bbcode_tab template:
Code:
 <div id="{$containerId}" class="sv-tabs-container sv-tabs-container--{$blockAlign}"
        style="width: {$width}{$widthType};">

i made an edit here to replace to:
style="width:auto;">
which i have done as a temporary improvement.....but of course this over rides custom width options...i am unclear the better proper way with how the setting is called in this...

on another note....i do not believe this should trigger a secondary vertical scrollbar, so have also edited toward the bottom of the template for the same line regarding height to auto.....i know for some will wish to control the height, but in other cases, image heavy or such, it is cumbersome....not sure what u can or would want to do about that, but an observation fwiw...

regarding bbcode names:
what about editing db or something? i noticed it wont let us edit almost anything in there....im sure in some cases the names may be used in script executions or something, but to disallow by default i really dont like and curious to work around if possible...

regarding the buttons:
i think we might be going in the wrong direction with this thinking....double so if we cannot edit the bbcode names to things practical to remember and use.....
for us, having the complex bbcodes is sort of important.....but to explain and ask people to type out...basically a line of code, to create content...it is....well......we could have gotten away with it a few years ago even but in this modern era....i feel strongly at the VERY LEAST it needs insert buttons...

as i mentioned before, we intend to eventually have option popup prompts....explaining how to use them and giving examples....then with button + instructional prompt, that is what modern user will expect.

like i say it is pretty important to us as well, perhaps you can consider it as custom work?

Xon updated Advanced Bb Codes Pack with a new update entry:

1.0.4 - Bugfix update

• Fix default slider width type (percentage vs type) not being applied, resulting in 400% width attribute being applied by default
  • Adjust tabs/slider/accordion default with to 90% from fixed width in pixels
  • Convert xtable/hr/h1/h2/h3/h4 to custom bb-code entries
  • Allow custom bb-code provided by this add-on to be edited on a live site, only missing bb-code are imported on install/upgrade.
  • Support XF2.1-style multiple-options for bb-code which support dimensions (ie...

Read the rest of this update entry...

hello,
regarding tab width:
in particular...it is this line in the sv_bbcode_tab template:
Code:
 <div id="{$containerId}" class="sv-tabs-container sv-tabs-container--{$blockAlign}"
        style="width: {$width}{$widthType};">

i made an edit here to replace to:
style="width:auto;">
which i have done as a temporary improvement.....but of course this over rides custom width options...i am unclear the better proper way with how the setting is called in this...

on another note....i do not believe this should trigger a secondary vertical scrollbar, so have also edited toward the bottom of the template for the same line regarding height to auto.....i know for some will wish to control the height, but in other cases, image heavy or such, it is cumbersome....not sure what u can or would want to do about that, but an observation fwiw...
Under style properties, changing the width to 100 & the unit type to percentage should effectively the same.

Actual auto support for width/height, and other units besides pixels/percentages can be added in later versions.

regarding bbcode names:
what about editing db or something? i noticed it wont let us edit almost anything in there....im sure in some cases the names may be used in script executions or something, but to disallow by default i really dont like and curious to work around if possible...
Everything but the tag should now be editable with the most recent version.

regarding the buttons:
i think we might be going in the wrong direction with this thinking....double so if we cannot edit the bbcode names to things practical to remember and use.....
for us, having the complex bbcodes is sort of important.....but to explain and ask people to type out...basically a line of code, to create content...it is....well......we could have gotten away with it a few years ago even but in this modern era....i feel strongly at the VERY LEAST it needs insert buttons...

as i mentioned before, we intend to eventually have option popup prompts....explaining how to use them and giving examples....then with button + instructional prompt, that is what modern user will expect.

like i say it is pretty important to us as well, perhaps you can consider it as custom work?
I'm open to doing additional work for prompts & descriptions. Please open a ticket on my site to discuss details & pricing.

oh wow yeah you have a whole list of options there i didnt see...
regarding tab width stuff tho...
it seems to be the max 750px default that was dominating...the default 90% setting i never saw come into play at all...fwiw...
cant really set any max width in pixels to be proper responsive for every display so sticking with the auto hack i made and the inability for user to specify.. seems like the best solution for a minute at least....

so happy to see the editable fields! thank you for that!

ok i will check up with you there before long.....

in the meantime i just wanted to additionally suggest an anchor/jump tag ;)

Xon updated Advanced Bb Codes Pack with a new update entry:

1.0.5 - Bugfix update

• Add option to hide moderator-only bb-code from help page
  • Do not auto-threadmark mod-tags which are quoted
  • Fix accordion css/less when public-header doesn't have a background color
  • Fix issues with installer after installing, uninstalling and then re-installing
  • Fix compatibility issue (editor disappears when disabling mod bb-code) with @Lukas W.'s Editor & BB Code Manager...

Read the rest of this update entry...

couple other notes here i wanted to mention...still trying to test a little at this in small doses, so heres the latest feedback...

-slider height auto support...scrollbars on slider should be avoided

-field bbcode should have a "width:fit-content" option

then as a possible bug report i cant seem to get any animation working for slider or tabs, no matter what timing settings i enter in style properties...
suggestions?

thank you

-field bbcode should have a "width:fit-content" option
This probably apply to most of the bb codes with an explicit width.

-slider height auto support...scrollbars on slider should be avoided
Honestly the max width/height handling probably needs a rework to be more flexible as a lot of the time you want it to size to content.

Will be done for the next version.

then as a possible bug report i cant seem to get any animation working for slider or tabs, no matter what timing settings i enter in style properties...
suggestions?
Tabs doesn't have animation, while sliders do it is open-in and doesn't have an automatic default.

Slider will have an autoplay by default option for the next version.

Last edited:
@Xon Justify BB Code line graph are not working. Also do you have any chance adding information that what BB Code are added by your add-on?

@Xon Justify BB Code line graph are not working.
Yeah, managed to reproduce it. Css :(

Also do you have any chance adding information that what BB Code are added by your add-on?
There are a pile of screenshots for nearly every bb-code taken from the information this add-on adds to the help page. Adding additional bb-code information is definitely something I need to work on, but it has a start.

There are a pile of screenshots for nearly every bb-code taken from the information this add-on adds to the help page. Adding additional bb-code information is definitely something I need to work on, but it has a start.

Excellent but can not add support Separately show what BB Code added by your add-on without mixing with manually/other add-on added Custom BB codes?

Example:

@Xon Do you remember to remove Debug/development mode for your BB Code for live site? If anyone need edit then there should be enable Debug/development mode. Xenforo standard This should be show Only a limited number of fields in this item may be edited for live site. PHP callback fields important and dangerous for edit mode.

Excellent but can not add support Separately show what BB Code added by your add-on without mixing with manually/other add-on added Custom BB codes?

Example:

View attachment 201342
Beyond making the custom bb-code list sort by title rather than tag I haven't had a chance to look into any more sorting/advanced grouping options.

@Xon Do you remember to remove Debug/development mode for your BB Code for live site? If anyone need edit then there should be enable Debug/development mode. Xenforo standard This should be show Only a limited number of fields in this item may be edited for live site. PHP callback fields important and dangerous for edit mode.
XenForo allows you to edit all those fields if the bb-code is not owned by an add-on, which is what I'm doing.

XenForo allows you to edit all those fields if the bb-code is not owned by an add-on, which is what I'm doing.

Yes but this your BB Code owned by an add-on. So This should be show Only a limited number of fields in this item may be edited for live site.

Top Bottom