Advanced Bb Codes Pack

Advanced Bb Codes Pack [Paid] 1.14.5

No permission to buy ($35.00)
Yes, you can do that but it requires some configuration.

Update the option "Moderator only bb-code" to include your custom bb-code. This will limit the editor from seeing it.

Then in your bb-code's config update PHP callback to SV\AdvancedBbCodesPack\BbCode\Tag\ModInterrupt and renderStatic. This prevents non-moderators from rendering it.

Then you need to adjust the template it uses to use your code. in the template sv_bbcode_modinterrupt
XML:
<xf:if is="$modType === 'iframe' ">
<iframe src="{$options.title|for_attr}">{$content}</iframe>
<xf:else />
</x:if>
Where ... is the existing template contents.

Assuming the bb-code looks like;
Code:
[iframe="http://127.0.0.1/"]text[/iframe]

Yes, you can do that but it requires some configuration.

Update the option "Moderator only bb-code" to include your custom bb-code. This will limit the editor from seeing it.

Then in your bb-code's config update PHP callback to SV\AdvancedBbCodesPack\BbCode\Tag\ModInterrupt and renderStatic. This prevents non-moderators from rendering it.

Then you need to adjust the template it uses to use your code. in the template sv_bbcode_modinterrupt
XML:
<xf:if is="$modType === 'iframe' ">
<iframe src="{$options.title|for_attr}">{$content}</iframe>
<xf:else />
</x:if>
Where ... is the existing template contents.

Assuming the bb-code looks like;
Code:
[iframe="http://127.0.0.1/"]text[/iframe]

Thanks Xon.

I will give the feedback until the end of the day.

But man, this should be more simple on XF. Even on MyBB there is this permission option to limit BBCodes.

I seem to have encountered an issue tied to this add-on.

It says it supports H1/H2/H3/etc and there are references in the code to doing so. This does not seem to be working correctly.

One of my mods, using the natively supported "Header" BBCodes, found that when she switched code on or off or edited the thread, a code like "Heading=1", for example, would switch itself to H1. She discovered this because these codes are also not working, meaning the site will instead display the "[H1]" tag.

Example of an edited thread:
1635468822942.png
To be clear, literally the only "editing" I did was clicking "edit", then "save". The code itself switched. The thread now looks like this:
1635468882568.png

Additionally (and possibly related), for some reason the paragraph formatting bar (which appears on native Xenforo) will no longer show for any of us. It appears in the editor options, but not in the display or the actual editor.

1635468911830.png

Note how the "paragraph format" button does not appear anymore between "Alignment" and "tabs" in thee editor preview, despite being placed there in the toolbar settings

I seem to have encountered an issue tied to this add-on.

It says it supports H1/H2/H3/etc and there are references in the code to doing so. This does not seem to be working correctly.

One of my mods, using the natively supported "Header" BBCodes, found that when she switched code on or off or edited the thread, a code like "Heading=1", for example, would switch itself to H1. She discovered this because these codes are also not working, meaning the site will instead display the "[H1]" tag.

Example of an edited thread:
View attachment 259334
To be clear, literally the only "editing" I did was clicking "edit", then "save". The code itself switched. The thread now looks like this:
View attachment 259335
The problem with the native header bb-code doesn't really mesh well with the custom extended version and I haven't fully ironed out the differences. You need to make sure the h1/h2/h3/h4 bb-codes are enabled for rendering despite the backend code still kicking in to rewrite it., which is a bit of a gotcha that I need to fix.

Additionally (and possibly related), for some reason the paragraph formatting bar (which appears on native Xenforo) will no longer show for any of us. It appears in the editor options, but not in the display or the actual editor.

Note how the "paragraph format" button does not appear anymore between "Alignment" and "tabs" in thee editor preview, despite being placed there in the toolbar settings

What version of XenForo are you using?

Are there any javascript errors on that page?

Is it possible to set some kind of cookie to remember which slide was 'open' if you navigate away from the page, and then clicked back?

Admittedly my use case is somewhat unique in that I'm using it for our Wiki, and it would just feel more seamless.

Last edited:
The slides/tabs/accordions don't have a stable id generated for them, so the built in template code that can handle cookies for this wouldn't work. I'ld need to revise how the ID's are generated.

Be amazing if it could be done, but I fully appreciate you have many add-ons to maintain as well as your own websites and other things.

I wish I could offer sponsorship, but I don't currently have the means to do so. Perhaps in a few months time.

Is it possible to set some kind of cookie to remember which slide was 'open' if you navigate away from the page, and then clicked back?

Admittedly my use case is somewhat unique in that I'm using it for our Wiki, and it would just feel more seamless.
From a visibility standpoint, you probably do not want to put what is the primary navigation to those sections in a slider.

Top Bottom