Advanced Bb Codes Pack

Advanced Bb Codes Pack [Paid] 1.14.5

No permission to buy ($35.00)
I miss the ability I had in 1.5 with the extended attachment to image and link PDF files in a post. If I knew enough about Gview I might be able to make it work. However, Gview requires a URL for the file in the viewer. Is there some way round that?

I was referring to au Lait's advanced attachments addon. It generated an image of the front page of the pdf file and used that as a link to the file that was processed and displayed. It may have been in an iframe. I did not explore that.

I am trying to use your Gview with a url to an Excel or PDF file that is not stored in google Docs but it available over the net. I just found out after going back to read some posts from the last few days while I was getting this to work and the frames are in the post but the contents have not been fetched. I presume you are using an iframe for that. Where there was an image there is now a large blank space.

The [bimg] bb-code supports this (and more!), with some basic editor integration.

At some stage I'll likely integrate the features into [img] since XF2.1 added official support for multiple arguments.

wow, really???
we could use a sort of manual for this....i kind of feel like i dont know how half of these even work....

were you not able to get the one i shared working? its not in this pack, which is why we are using that one btw...explained that before and you can see in the addon info whats in it
Unfortunately your solution is not ideal. You want basically the image uploaded first on somewhere else. And later in a new message you can use it. But most people will write a post and while doing that add the image and will use it.

The [bimg] bb-code supports this (and more!), with some basic editor integration.

At some stage I'll likely integrate the features into [img] since XF2.1 added official support for multiple arguments.
That sounds great. Can I see an example just like mine? Your bimg explanation in the addon's description doesn't talk about this, no?

Unfortunately your solution is not ideal. You want basically the image uploaded first on somewhere else. And later in a new message you can use it. But most people will write a post and while doing that add the image and will use it.

That sounds great. Can I see an example just like mine? Your bimg explanation in the addon's description doesn't talk about this, no?
you dont have to upload it somewhere else....you do have to manually insert the link tho which, i agree is not ideal....
curious to test this one im not sure if i missed the feature or it was in one of the upgrades, but ill report back;)

ok i am starting to remember why i havent been using this.....it was full of bugs, its perhaps a bit better now but not much really....on a side note, you wont see a border either like in your example or my bbcode....perhaps by some style property or added code tho...

one thing doesnt change tho, you still need to have the url of the image before using the bbcode.

bugs(?):
--"title inside" does not work
--"title alignment" does not work
--wont insert full size image as default...(leaving at auto), default should be full size is full size link is used)***see edit below...
--image comparison wont allow click for full size image, it looks like you can click the arrows in the middle but they dont do anything.
--no title support for dual image blocks***see suggestion below
--typo on image align options.

what you think @Xon ?
be nice to get this smoothed out, some nice features for sure but its confusing when things dont work quite right.

oh btw also, not sure about the before and after tags on everything.....be nice to have a user option or let that be the titles...

EDIT: ive just tried in style properties to allow the full size image as default......which worked, but it broke the dual image function...

Last edited:

i did a little tinkering to test what is easy with css on this....you can border the title which is better than nothing imho, but it is separated from the image block so its not quite that all contained look....def not the polariod type effect...still could be good enough im thinking if he polishes it a bit more...

Reactions: sbj
i did a little tinkering to test what is easy with css on this....you can border the title which is better than nothing imho, but it is separated from the image block so its not quite that all contained look....def not the polariod type effect...still could be good enough im thinking if he polishes it a bit more...
I mean let's wait for Xon to reply. What I want and need is captions under images. Any academic or newspaper publishing always includes a caption under an image, just like Wikipedia does. And I want the same behaviour on XF. Polaroid look with border or not is not that important but would be nice to have as long as a user can easily add a caption to an image.

I mean let's wait for Xon to reply. What I want and need is captions under images. Any academic or newspaper publishing always includes a caption under an image, just like Wikipedia does. And I want the same behaviour on XF. Polaroid look with border or not is not that important but would be nice to have as long as a user can easily add a caption to an image.

the notable difference is the all containing border or not, the polaroid is just a bit of extra padding between the border and image....i think it looks best that way personally, if a "caption" is used...

if it doesnt have that, its just text under an image which can sort of be done normally in the editor anyway and doesnt clearly tie the text to the image.....

anyway the short answer of it is with css you can make a border and remove the gap between title and image....which is pretty close to having a full border, just not sure how "similar" to your example you are wanting things.

I really do need to review all the bb-code descriptions and update them.

The block image has these options; (yes it support image comparisons);
1612207506699.webp

if it doesnt have that, its just text under an image which can sort of be done normally in the editor anyway and doesnt clearly tie the text to the image.....
But that is not a caption. A caption ties it to the image. Having a border around or padding is just extra. The important part is that the text is tied to the image and when the image is moved around (like right-aligning), then it stays with it. But I would prefer to have a border, it makes it more professional as it looks like a news paper or like Wiki.

Reactions: Xon
Top Bottom