Advanced Application Forms for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Snog, I own a social community and finding people is the thing there. I wonder can your form be use in finding members? Like those search in dating sites. Is it achievable?

Snog, I own a social community and finding people is the thing there. I wonder can your form be use in finding members? Like those search in dating sites. Is it achievable?
Sorry, that's not possible without a total rewrite of the application system.

@Snog

Is it possible that you can revise the option "Include Member Name" to "Include Member Name or IP Address"? I would like to include the IP of guests submitting forms.

Hi Snog,

Just a quick error report, unfortunately I accidentally deleted the server error so I don't have it to post.
We've currently selected the approve/deny options at the bottom of the application threads for members. We're not 100% sure what caused this but our best guess is that 2 staff members had the same application open, 1 of them clicked approve, then the other hadn't refreshed the page, so they could approve an already approved application.

I can recreate this tomorrow and post an error log if you'd like.

Found an issue today that let someone in and spam my users via PMs.

I have a form setup that once completed will instant promote a user to a secondary usergroup. This is just a small check to keep the bots out mostly, but it does give them what would generally be considered "registered+" access.

However today I had a user get through and they did not meet the criteria I have specified.

The criteria is that the user state is "Valid" and that they are not in a list of usergroups, one of them being the Unregistered/Unconfirmed group.

However this user was promoted and they are in the user state "Users awaiting email confirmation" and they were allowed to fill out the form.

Found an issue today that let someone in and spam my users via PMs.

I have a form setup that once completed will instant promote a user to a secondary usergroup. This is just a small check to keep the bots out mostly, but it does give them what would generally be considered "registered+" access.

However today I had a user get through and they did not meet the criteria I have specified.

The criteria is that the user state is "Valid" and that they are not in a list of usergroups, one of them being the Unregistered/Unconfirmed group.

However this user was promoted and they are in the user state "Users awaiting email confirmation" and they were allowed to fill out the form.
The criteria is checked directly by XenForo itself. The application forms system simply reacts to what is returned by XenForo.
Code:
if(!XenForo_Helper_Criteria::userMatchesCriteria($position['usercriteria'], false, $visitor) || !XenForo_Helper_Criteria::userMatchesCriteria($position['user_criteria'], false, $visitor)) return $this->responseNoPermission();
Basically what that code is saying is if XenForo says the user doesn't have permission, don't let them submit the form. (usercriteria = the application type, user_criteria = the application form itself).

Double check your criteria and the user's permissions when they posted the form. Something in the settings is allowing them through.

If you give me your exact criteria settings for both the application type and application form I can try to duplicate the problem.

Last edited:
Hi Snog,

I wasn't able to reproduce the previous error either, but we had it pop up again today. Here's the full error log. We think it might have happened when someone accidentally spam clicked the approve button? Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to Snog_Applications_Helper_DataWriter::createConversation() must be of the type array, boolean given, called in /home/ngamingn/public_html/forums/library/Snog/Applications/ControllerPublic/Application.php on line 847 and defined - library/Snog/Applications/Helper/DataWriter.php:84
Generated By: dan, Today at 18:47
Stack Trace
#0 /home/ngamingn/public_html/forums/library/Snog/Applications/Helper/DataWriter.php(84): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 1 pass...', '/home/ngamingn/...', 84, Array)
#1 /home/ngamingn/public_html/forums/library/Snog/Applications/ControllerPublic/Application.php(847): Snog_Applications_Helper_DataWriter::createConversation(false, Array, NULL, '', '')
#2 /home/ngamingn/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): Snog_Applications_ControllerPublic_Application->actionApprove()
#3 /home/ngamingn/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/ngamingn/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(60) "http://n1gaming.net/forums/index.php?applicationform/approve"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["applicationform/approve"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(7) {
["post_id"] => string(0) ""
["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["save"] => string(19) "Approve Application"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(73) "/forums/index.php?threads/soxx-has-applied-to-join-the-cs-go-section.350/"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

Hi Snog,

I wasn't able to reproduce the previous error either, but we had it pop up again today. Here's the full error log. We think it might have happened when someone accidentally spam clicked the approve button? Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
That error is saying you don't have the Private Conversation User ID set in the report options for the application form. Or it's set to an invalid user ID. Which shouldn't be possible since it's existence is checked when you save a form.

After I release an update to another add-on of mine next week, I'll take a closer look at the approval routine to see what I can find. If I find anything it will be in the next update.

Last edited:
@Snog

Is it possible that you can revise the option "Include Member Name" to "Include Member Name or IP Address"? I would like to include the IP of guests submitting forms.
@Shiro , I'm going to wrap this into the next release but I have to ask why you don't just use the 'Include IP Address in Reports' option for the add-on?

Is it because you don't want IP addresses on all forms?

Snog updated Advanced Application Forms with a new update entry:

Advanced Application Forms Update 1.2.12

An update to advanced application forms has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.

Changes in version 1.2.12:
  • Add - Navigation tab position in add-on options
  • Change - Sidebar block formatting now in advapp.css
  • Change - Selecting Include Username in report options now includes IP address if user is unregistered
  • Fix - Error when 2 people attempt to approve an application at the same time.

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Shiro , I'm going to wrap this into the next release but I have to ask why you don't just use the 'Include IP Address in Reports' option for the add-on?

Is it because you don't want IP addresses on all forms?
That is correct; I do not want IPs listed on all forms.

I'll put it on the wish list, but as of this moment I can't think of a good way to parse for a second variable. I'm not saying it's not possible, but that my brain isn't firing on all cylinders at the moment. ;)
Yes! This is also a thing I'm looking for. This addon is great and something like that would make it the best ;)

Just having a second one would be sufficient for my case and probably for 99% of the others looking for this. I think that is at least a bit easier then finding out how many questions are in it and to calculate it etc etc.

Another great thing would be the option to only have to vote in one of the threads if it makes 2, that would really be useful

Last edited:
I have a mountain bike forum.
Can you set this up as a button on a particular forum so that the OP fills out a form and it posts the results in a new thread in that forum?
For example, a member wants to post a ride invite.
They go to the forum "Trailheads" click on a Button like "Post New Invite" and a form pops up. They fill in the info to the questions and then click "submit" and it posts the Question with Answer?
The goal is to keep the invites consistent with the needed information.

Thanks in advance!
Mikie

Last edited:
I have a mountain bike forum.
Can you set this up as a button on a particular forum so that the OP fills out a form and it posts the results in a new thread in that forum?
For example, a member wants to post a ride invite.
They go to the forum "Trailheads" click on a Button like "Post New Invite" and a form pops up. They fill in the info to the questions and then click "submit" and it posts the Question with Answer?
The goal is to keep the invites consistent with the needed information.

Thanks in advance!
Mikie
You can set a form up so the 'Post New Thread' button in a forum opens a form that posts it's results in that forum. You can also change the button label from 'Post New Thread' to 'Post New Invite'. There is no separate button for the form in forums.

You can set a form up so the 'Post New Thread' button in a forum opens a form that posts it's results in that forum. You can also change the button label from 'Post New Thread' to 'Post New Invite'. There is no separate button for the form in forums.
Awesome! Thank you!

Top Bottom