Advanced Application Forms for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

I don't think it is that unique.

We are a Multiplayer Online Gaming Clan and the basic process for applicants is similar in most of the other ones i know, but i think most addons for forms are not flixible enougth to model the whole process.
This is the first addon i saw wich has this automatism for changing groups and notify the user. The others i new could only post the threads and polls but did not take it further.

Even if you would vote AFTER the discussion and not use the poll to get a quick overview what everyone thinks to quickly accept or decline those where everyone agrees (lets say 80%) and for the other 20% you maybe scedule a teamspeak-interview because there are differend opinions and you want to give the applicant another chance maybe because his initial application was a bit on the short side or you want to clarify something.

There are always corner cases where you need to be able to stop the automatism.

Maybe the applicant tells you that your answer was not fast enought and now he joined another clan because he could not wait half a day for your answer :eek: (yes that happens more often than one would think).
Then you do not want to let a positive poll go through, send him a pc that he is accepted, send another one, that you are sorry but you could not stop the automatism and tell your admin he has to remove the new member from the group he joint because the poll was positive an you could not change the outcome.

Just bought this addon and disappointed that i cannot do this with it either.
I am also coming from vb4 and the Members had a few Poll questions they could click, yes/no is not enough and i don't want to auto promote either.
This addon has some nice features but not those i need right now are there any other Form addons that can do this?

Just bought this addon and disappointed that i cannot do this with it either.
I am also coming from vb4 and the Members had a few Poll questions they could click, yes/no is not enough and i don't want to auto promote either.
This addon has some nice features but not those i need right now are there any other Form addons that can do this?
There aren't any that can interrupt a poll or activate the poll after x amount of time that I know of.

You are the second person in 3 years of this add-on being available that has asked for this. That shows just how unique the request is.

There aren't any that can interrupt a poll or activate the poll after x amount of time that I know of.

You are the second person in 3 years of this add-on being available that has asked for this. That shows just how unique the request is.

Yeah but i am desperate right now with my migration, if there would only be a way to add a poll automatically to each of those threads, i don't care if it is above or below the original post. Doing it manually after having this feature for years isn't exactly something i want to show after the migration. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah but i am desperate right now with my migration, if there would only be a way to add a poll automatically to each of those threads, i don't care if it is above or below the original post. Doing it manually after having this feature for years isn't exactly something i want to show after the migration. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Check your PCs on my site. I may have a lot of questions and this forum isn't the place for that.

Snog updated Advanced Application Forms with a new update entry:

Advanced Application Forms Update 1.2.13

An update to advanced application forms has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.

Changes in version 1.2.13:
  • Fix - Copied application forms are not completely copied.
  • Fix - Poll incorrectly being created in optional second thread (causes conflicting results).
  • Change - Poll promote/Decision links now allow for adding multiple user group assignments.
  • Add - Option for users to change their vote...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Can this be the first port of entry for our site?

In other words... A potential new recruit reads a recruitment thread on an official game forum and they click on a link to come to our page. They click an apply button to fill out an application. They have zero access to our site until they get approved.

The other challenge is my guild is in 6 different games so I need an application for each game.

Can this be the first port of entry for our site?

In other words... A potential new recruit reads a recruitment thread on an official game forum and they click on a link to come to our page. They click an apply button to fill out an application. They have zero access to our site until they get approved.

The other challenge is my guild is in 6 different games so I need an application for each game.
Yes and no.

The application forms system does not interface with the XenForo registration system at all. So, it can't be used to register an unregistered user.

If the user has already registered an account on your site, the system can add user groups to the members account if they are approved. So if you have user groups that have access to different areas of your forum it would work.

Multiple forms aren't a problem with the application forms system. There's no limit to the number of forms you create.

Thanks. Im stuck on Xenforo's registered/unregistered system.

As Im setting up my brand new site, 2 guildies signed up. They show as registered even though I didnt do anything on my end. However, when I go to members it doesnt show them. Me confused :)

does not interface with the XenForo registration system at all.

Does any add on interface with the registration system? Or does everyone have to sign up... THEN fill out an application. If I decline the application, will they have access to my site?

Does any add on interface with the registration system? Or does everyone have to sign up... THEN fill out an application. If I decline the application, will they have access to my site?
I don't know of any forms add-on that interfaces with the registration system.

What a newly registered user has access to on your site is up to you and how you have the registered user group setup in XenForo.

I don't know of any forms add-on that interfaces with the registration system.

What a newly registered user has access to on your site is up to you and how you have the registered user group setup in XenForo.

Ahhh ok so basically if I set the registered user group to very minimal access... once I approve, can the application automagically place the newly hired recruit into a more advanced user group (let's say I call the user group Member) with more access?

Ahhh ok so basically if I set the registered user group to very minimal access... once I approve, can the application automagically place the newly hired recruit into a more advanced user group (let's say I call the user group Member) with more access?
Yes it can.

Thank you Snog for answering my very elementary questions.

I take it I use the Roster add on by Pixel exit... everything should be nice and smooth?

Thank you Snog for answering my very elementary questions.

I take it I use the Roster add on by Pixel exit... everything should be nice and smooth?
I know nothing about the Roster add-on so I can't answer that question.

Pixel Exit does use this add-on, so they may be better suited to answer your question.

Last edited:
Hey @Snog I just bought your addon but keep getting the error You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action. when members try to create a new app. Is there like a permission for it? I can't really find it
Yes, go to the Applications tab in the admin area, select Edit Application Types and set the Criteria for users to access the application type. Then select Edit Application Forms and do the same for the form.

Also, I received two payments from you for the Application Forms add-on. If the second one was a mistake, let me know so I can refund the second purchase.

Last edited:
Hey @Snog I think I got everything to work and I'm a huge fan of your addon :) The only problem I'm having is that if a member posts it then it came out of my name. I changed some things in the config (id 1 to 0) but now it comes out of the name of oscar however I want to make it so that it comes out of the member who is making the thread so he can also edit it :)

Hey @Snog I think I got everything to work and I'm a huge fan of your addon :) The only problem I'm having is that if a member posts it then it came out of my name. I changed some things in the config (id 1 to 0) but now it comes out of the name of oscar however I want to make it so that it comes out of the member who is making the thread so he can also edit it :)
In the Report Options for the form, change the Post User ID to 0 (zero).
postuserid.webp
NOTE that if the user submitting the form is not registered, user ID 1 is automatically used.

Also, that does not apply to PMs. PMs should be set to a user that already exists, or a special user that has been created for the purpose of sending PMs (like 'Application System').

Last edited:
Top Bottom