Advanced Application Forms for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Hello Snog, this is just a little suggestion:
using this combination of options:
Screen Shot 2016-04-13 at 3.28.09 AM.webp
actually this is the result:
Screen Shot 2016-04-13 at 3.19.09 AM.webp
--
it would be much better if on cases like this ⤴ all the answers appear in below the question <br/>. like:
Screen Shot 2016-04-13 at 3.32.55 AM.webp

Hi, is there a way to make the File Upload question compulsory? In other words the member is required to upload a file or files for the form. Thanks.

Hi, is there a way to make the File Upload question compulsory? In other words the member is required to upload a file or files for the form. Thanks.
Any question, including a file upload can be made required by including a Question Error.
advapperror.webp

I'm using this to create threads in a For Sale section. Would it be possible to add another replacement variable for the thread title/report subject?

For example, the first variable will be single line text, such as the item name, "House for sale", and the second single line text will be something like location, "Texas".
So the thread title could be "House for sale : Texas".

{2}: {3} would be a great help. :)

screenshot 2016-04-20 08-02-26.webp

I'm using this to create threads in a For Sale section. Would it be possible to add another replacement variable for the thread title/report subject?

For example, the first variable will be single line text, such as the item name, "House for sale", and the second single line text will be something like location, "Texas".
So the thread title could be "House for sale : Texas".

{2}: {3} would be a great help. :)
I'll put it on the wish list, but as of this moment I can't think of a good way to parse for a second variable. I'm not saying it's not possible, but that my brain isn't firing on all cylinders at the moment. ;)

Is there any way to make it so a staff member has to manually accept the application once submitted? I'm aiming to have users apply to become a member, then have the staff filter through them to check the requirements such as age and so on before they get promoted.

Is there any way to make it so a staff member has to manually accept the application once submitted? I'm aiming to have users apply to become a member, then have the staff filter through them to check the requirements such as age and so on before they get promoted.
Yes. When editing an application form select the Poll or Decision Promote tab and select Include Decision Links and the other pertinent information on that tab.

I'm trying to add a small image to the Applications Form navTab (my forums have small icon images for the tabs).. I've added the below in my EXTRA.CSS file however I'm guessing the .navTab name is wrong.. What would the navTab name be for me to make this work?

Also if I wanted to move the navTab to say after Members (or anywhere else for that matter), where would I need to change this to make it work?

#navigation .navTab.advapp a.navLink:before {
content: "";
display: inline-block;
margin: -6px 8px -5px 0px;
background-image: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/navadvapp.png")!important;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-attachment: scroll;
background-color: transparent;
width: 16px;
height: 16px;
}

m trying to add a small image to the Applications Form navTab (my forums have small icon images for the tabs).. I've added the below in my EXTRA.CSS file however I'm guessing the .navTab name is wrong.. What would the navTab name be for me to make this work?

Also if I wanted to move the navTab to say after Members (or anywhere else for that matter), where would I need to change this to make it work?
The name for the tab is applications or whatever you have the advapp_application_forms phrase set to.

To move the tab you would need to edit the library/Snog/Applications/Listener/NavTab.php file and change 'middle' to 'end'.

Last edited:
Hey @Snog

Any idea how to fix this duplicate arrow on drop downs?
1.png

Anywhere else that uses them doesn't have this issue, so I don't think it's the theme.

Thanks.

Hey @Snog

Any idea how to fix this duplicate arrow on drop downs?
1.png

Anywhere else that uses them doesn't have this issue, so I don't think it's the theme.

Thanks.
If I could duplicate it, I'd tell you. But since I can't duplicate it I have no idea why it's happening.

I've tried the default XF style, styles by Audentio, PixelExit and several others and I can't duplicate it.

Is there any way to implement URLs in to questions? This might be a bit of a strange request, but it would be really handy for verification questions such as "Have you read the general and section specific rules?"

Fantastic job with this by the way, we couldn't have gotten up and running so quickly without you <3

Is there any way to implement URLs in to questions? This might be a bit of a strange request, but it would be really handy for verification questions such as "Have you read the general and section specific rules?"

Fantastic job with this by the way, we couldn't have gotten up and running so quickly without you <3
Yes, use BB Code.

Top Bottom