1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adsense Warning - recommendations?

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Live Free, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Live Free

Live Free Active Member

Just got a notification in Adsense yesterday giving me three days to make a change to one of my ad locations.

The violation is "Encouraging Accidental Clicks." I don't feel like I'm doing that. I've attached the screenshot. Perhaps it's because it's between the two menus? Would moving it above the breadcrumbs or below the pagination solve this for them? They didn't give any specifics.

Thanks for any insight, never had an issue like this before.

Screen Shot 2013-11-14 at 4.22.49 PM.png
  2. akia

akia Well-Known Member

do the menus cover the add when you click them.
  3. Live Free

Live Free Active Member

I didn't even think of that. The "Short Stories" menu does and there are other locations on the site that does. Do you think this is their concern, not it being located between the navigation elements?
  4. akia

akia Well-Known Member

yea, its against there terms as people can accidentaly click the ads when clicking on a menu.
    Live Free likes this.
  5. Live Free

Live Free Active Member

Thank you. I didn't realize this and wouldn't have even thought to change it. You don't happen to know how to limit the drop-down depth of such a menu so you have to scroll within the menu? Some of these drop-downs are hand-coded, some are products of nodes-as-tabs.
  6. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

Don't forget to mark the issue as "resolved" within the 3 days in your Adsense account.
    Live Free likes this.
  7. akia

akia Well-Known Member

i don't, i had a notice that showed so it moved the banner below the click area.