AdSense shaved 80%

Anatoliy

The "Estimated earnings" for June lost 80% after being moved to "Balance" and it drives me mad. All that I can get from them is an reply "It's probably related for invalid traffic". Last month I blocked countries with cloudflare. Didn't help.

Do you experience the same issue? May be someone found the reason and would share the knowledge?

Is it possible that it's the xenforo software that violating adsense's turms of use? I had another forum (IPB) and there was a warning about ajax pagination in the admin -> config area, something like "You have to turn it of if you serve Google Adsense ads". Does xenForo has some similar switch that has to be turned off?

Thanks in advance.

Interestingly we are also seeing deductions of 40% at the end of the month and this has only started happening in the last few months. Before that it was never more than 5 or 6%.

We are also using the ad after first post position and Ad Manager 2.

Interestingly we are also seeing deductions of 40% at the end of the month and this has only started happening in the last few months. Before that it was never more than 5 or 6%.

We are also using the ad after first post position and Ad Manager 2.

Seems to be enough of us that it’s not a coincidence...

Usually I have 1% of invalid traffic.
I'm jellos 😲
because of publishers (you :)) clicking their own ads,
very funny )
It could also be some kind of bot.
yeah, trying to figure it out in Google Analytics
The link I provided also contains a form you can submit if you suspect the invalid traffic is coming from something else.
Thanks! I didn't know about this option. Submitted. Do hope that it will help.

saw today on AdSense Help Community )

That's it enough is enough!
Well after 16 years enough is enough Google, I am fed up of you deducting almost all my earning due to what you call invalid activity... this has been going on since January... when YOU changed something or changed the way you pay us

I have just removed the final two banner locations from my site and will not be using Google or promoting it any longer... I do not like being ripped off without 100% evidence, and you will not provide it...

For June my estimated earning showed over £700 you have paid me £8 ! what a joke...

Prove to me that this is a genuine deduction???? all my investigations over the last 6 month show it as being incorrect and it only started in January 2020....but at the end of the day you have lost a publisher...

I am not the only one seeing this so called "invalid activity" just read your own community...

BYE BYE GOOGLE....

Now to block all Google access to my site...

Unexpected discovery.​

So after spending some time in Google Analytics here is what I found:
20% of visits in June came from Coffeyville, Kansas. (My forum has nothing to do with Kansas or Coffeyville)

Here is some stats for Coffeyville, Kansas segment:

Bounce rate: 100%
Avg. Time on Page: 00:00:00

Adsense Page Impressions - 9% of total
Adsense Ads clicked - 91% of total
Adsense revenue - almost exactly that amount that was shaved by Google from my earning.

Adsense earnings have decreased but isn't this what Google said? Coronavirus blah blah blah. I knew they were going to cut our earnings due to that and they did.

I don't know why people are going crazy. Google never has been fair in the amount of earnings they gave compared to the charges they do for adwords. With the new Wuhan coronavirus of course the whole world is affected economically so why would Google be any different?

These people should just chill and wait until the virus is gone then everything will be back to normal again.

I lost 30-50% earnings but that's fine. World is a crazy place right now and we should be grateful we're getting anything if at all.

If you really cared about earnings, why are you even using Google when other platforms offer much better rates? Always have. Google is just some way to monetize your traffic not the best way.

Adsense earnings have decreased but isn't this what Google said? Coronavirus blah blah blah.

Coronavirus is Google's fault too? )
People are ready to blame anyone except themselves...

Anyway. Problem is solved. Case is closed.
Found in server logs IP of that bot, blocked in xF ACP. False clicks are gone, but visits were still tracked by Google Analytics, messing the real picture of traffic. So I blocked it on cloudflare level. Tada! 🕺

Adsense earnings have decreased but isn't this what Google said? Coronavirus blah blah blah. I knew they were going to cut our earnings due to that and they did.

I don't know why people are going crazy. Google never has been fair in the amount of earnings they gave compared to the charges they do for adwords. With the new Wuhan coronavirus of course the whole world is affected economically so why would Google be any different?

These people should just chill and wait until the virus is gone then everything will be back to normal again.

I lost 30-50% earnings but that's fine. World is a crazy place right now and we should be grateful we're getting anything if at all.

If you really cared about earnings, why are you even using Google when other platforms offer much better rates? Always have. Google is just some way to monetize your traffic not the best way.
This is not about reduced earnings, lower eRPMs or whatever. This is about an increase in invalid traffic which then leads to an increases in deductions.

Publisher Clicks for last 30 days. Orange - valid, Blue - fake, Green - total. On Jul 5th fake clicks gone completely.
If I were Google I would shave not 80% but 180%. ) I'm lucky my account was not banned...

0.webp

I don't understand why forum owners keep working with click-through networks such as Adsense and MediaNet. Forums produce pageviews and lots of them and that should, imo, be the strategy to follow: CPM monetization.

Why bother your readers with in content ads why you can have a clean looking page with ads around the side of the content, not right in the middle just to seek attention.

I have spent years and years with adsense and the performance only got worse every year. Until I found better partners to work with.

I don't understand why forum owners keep working with click-through networks such as Adsense and MediaNet. Forums produce pageviews and lots of them and that should, imo, be the strategy to follow: CPM monetization.

Why bother your readers with in content ads why you can have a clean looking page with ads around the side of the content, not right in the middle just to seek attention.

I have spent years and years with adsense and the performance only got worse every year. Until I found better partners to work with.
What partners are you talking about? Please elaborate. Thanks

Top Bottom