XF 1.4 Administrators bypass the "Time limit on editing/deleting own posts" permission?

imthebest

Hi,

Today I have been reviewing the permissions on my forum and found that the Administrators usergroup had the value of "Time limit on editing/deleting own posts" set to 0 which is actually an error, it should have been 15 (my mistake) but this error made me to ask myself: why I have been able to edit my own posts without time constraints then? Because I belong to the Administrators usergroup without any secondary usergroup.

So the question is: XenForo allows Administrators to bypass the "Time limit on editing/deleting own posts" permission?

Thanks,
Super120

You mean "Edit post by anyone"? If so, yes, that permission is set to "Allow" for my Administrators usergroup.

Is this expected to bypass the "Time limit on editing/deleting own posts" permission when the value of "Edit post by anyone" is set to allow?

You mean "Edit post by anyone"? If so, yes, that permission is set to "Allow" for my Administrators usergroup.

Is this expected to bypass the "Time limit on editing/deleting own posts" permission when the value of "Edit post by anyone" is set to allow?

Yes, that permission is checked before the can edit own post permission :)

Liam

Top Bottom