Fixed AdminCP menu oddities when scrolling

I'm throwing in another one of these. When having a long list of add-ons and at least one add-on that has a pending upgrade, scrolling down causes the navigation to spasm out of place as well:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think some of these may be internal issues with the StickyKit library we use. Unfortunately, we need functionality beyond the standard position: sticky CSS, so we do need custom JS. I suspect in the future, we may be able to ditch the library and use some more modern browser features (position sticky and intersection observers, I think) to achieve this effect in such a way that hopefully doesn't trigger issues like this. However, given that it seems to happen quite infrequently and it probably does need a whole new approach to fix, I'm not sure we're likely to focus on this for a while. Short of just closing this as a "won't fix" after all this time, I think I'll move it to future fix.

I think some of these may be internal issues with the StickyKit library we use. Unfortunately, we need functionality beyond the standard position: sticky CSS, so we do need custom JS. I suspect in the future, we may be able to ditch the library and use some more modern browser features (position sticky and intersection observers, I think) to achieve this effect in such a way that hopefully doesn't trigger issues like this. However, given that it seems to happen quite infrequently and it probably does need a whole new approach to fix, I'm not sure we're likely to focus on this for a while. Short of just closing this as a "won't fix" after all this time, I think I'll move it to future fix.
Hey @Mike,

It's me from the future!
Any update about this? đź‘€

Thanks!

Top Bottom