AdminCP Firewall

AdminCP Firewall 1.4.2

No permission to download

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
Liam W submitted a new resource:

AdminCP Firewall - Protect Your AdminCP!

Here it is, AdminCP Firewall for xenForo!

The vBulletin version of this add-on has, at the time of writing, surpassed 41 installs and 150 downloads - and is in the running to win April 2013's MOTM!

This add-on is a hackers nightmare - and an admin's dream. It provides a suite of tools to protect your...

Read more about this resource...

One teeny little question with this one. What happens when your IP address changes and can't get in?

Perfect. Thanks.

Might want to mention that you can disable if you find yourself locked out in the resource description. I wasn't even going to download it without first making sure lockouts could be addressed first. ;)

Perfect. Thanks.

Might want to mention that you can disable if you find yourself locked out in the resource description. I wasn't even going to download it without first making sure lockouts could be addressed first. ;)

Done :)

Thanks for supplying this add-on.

I still would recommend some good education to everyone though in regards to their user habits.
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/secure-admincp.415/

Even the best security program has its weakness and no weakness is greater than the error between user and keyboard.

Oh yes, but some people like an extra security layer. And everything can be broken - everything (imagine if someone got into your cPanel. They could remove the htaccess, but this mod would still prevent them from entering).

Oh yes, but some people like an extra security layer. And everything can be broken - everything (imagine if someone got into your cPanel. They could remove the htaccess, but this mod would still prevent them from entering).
IF someone got into your cPanel, your security would be useless too... Simply download a copy of everything (including files and database). An attacker could also upload whatever they wanted. Thus your add-on would also be useless (in either case).

So yes, everything can be broken into.... But it doesn't hurt to learn steps to help prevent it.

IF someone got into your cPanel, your security would be useless too... Simply download a copy of everything (including files and database). Thus your add-on would also be useless.

So yes, everything can be broken into.... But it doesn't hurt to learn steps to help prevent it.

True, but if someone tried to get into the AdminCP (which everyone will try to do), then you will be alerted an can therefore action against it quickly ;)

True, but if someone tried to get into the AdminCP (which everyone will try to do), then you will be alerted an can therefore action against it quickly ;)
Again....

PHP:
$config['enableListeners'] = 0;

Your add-on would be disabled. No e-mail. No warning.

It doesn't hurt to learn basic steps to help secure yourself.... Nothing can protect you from the largest security threat which is the error between user and keyboard.

Which is why I still recommend people learn

Again....

PHP:
$config['enableListeners'] = 0;

Your add-on would be disabled. No e-mail. No warning.

It doesn't hurt to learn basic steps to help secure yourself.... Nothing can protect you from the largest security threat which is the error between user and keyboard.

Which is why I still recommend people learn

Now then, you've got your point across. Stop advertising ;)

These points are all valid, and should be used with this mod.

Excellent resource and thanks for releasing this Liam. I'll be giving this a try later to check it out and will review and rate it then. Nice job.

I think you forgot to do this ;)

I'll be releasing an update soon to fix a bug that's annoying me :)

What bugs?
What does "calls parent" mean?

Basically, my override was doing all the work, and duplicating code. This breaks compatibility with other add-ons, and can also cause other issues.

This update fixes that by calling the parent PHP class.

Top Bottom