1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As Designed admin login as a different user

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by dethfire, Sep 14, 2014.

1. dethfire

dethfire Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is a bug, a feature or neither but I found that if you log into the forum as one admin, you can then login to the admicp as a different admin, then logout of the admincp and then continue using the forum as the previous admin without logging back in. It's kind of like you're logged in with two users. Maybe not a big deal, but I'd thought I'd mention because it struck me as odd.

2. rainmotorsports

rainmotorsports Well-Known Member

I have a feeling this will be marked as designed in the morning :p

Dan Hawkins likes this.
  3. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

I also noticed this... quite confusing behavior but unfortunately I guess it is as designed.

4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Not confusing at all and a great feature. It means that you can have a completely separate super administrator user account for the ACP. I have that on my forum, meaning if my account (which is just an administrator with the main capabilities) is ever compromised then I still have complete control with my super administrator account.

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It is expected - the sessions are separate. (We do some things automatically if you're not logged in to the front end when you login to the ACP.)

dethfire likes this.