Admin can't reply to any thread

NeoGuy21

Just got done installing xenforo. I was able to make a thread and reply to it at some point, however now suddenly i cant post anywhere.

Im a super admin, i have full permissions in every single possible area. I have tried adding multiple forums. I have tried adding new members. I am shown the following no matter what i do on every forum.

"Thread Status: Not open for further replies. You have insufficient privileges to reply here."

Admin is my main and only group. Allow new messages to be posted in this forum is checked in every forum. Nothing is set to "Never". In group permissions for admin allow is set on everything. In user permissions for myself allow is set for everything. In node permissions for each forum under admin everything is set to allow.

I have been trying to figure this out for hours. Any help would be awesome.

I'm hoping that you've only set Allow on everything purely to work out why you're having problems? You shouldn't be setting Allow on permissions that are repeated in groups, users and nodes as you'll only end up in a mess later. These guides from Brogan and Jane Bunce are very helpful.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/implementing-permissions-across-multiple-user-groups.358/

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/understanding-permissions.360/

Try the following settings to see if it resolves things:

Admin User permissions: set all to Not Set (No)
Admin Group permissions: set all to Allow
Node permissions for the admin group: set all to Inherit (unless you have a node ticked as 'Private' in which case you'll have to set the View node option to Allow)

Also for each node, look at the forum options tab and make sure that you have Allow new messages to be posted in this forum ticked.

Last edited:
Admin User permissions: set all to Not Set (No) done..
Admin Group permissions: set all to Allow done..
Node permissions for the admin group: set all to Inherit (unless you have a node ticked as 'Private' in which case you'll have to set the View node option to Allow) done.. No nodes are ticked.

Also for each node, look at the forum options tab and make sure that you have Allow new messages to be posted in this forum ticked. All are checked.

Unfortunately no change. :( Still the same issue. Yes, i was just doing it to try and solve the problem. Of course only after reaching a very frustrated level.

Top Bottom