XF 1.5 Admin accounts automatically merged after import

XYZ500

During installation, we gave the admin account email 123@email.com. This email was also associated with an admin account in the vB but not with the first account ever created. Now after the import is done, two admins (first account on vB (created in 2009) and another admin account created later on (in 2013)) are merged.

Can anything be done about it? Or do we have to do a fresh import again?

When you're importing, I think its wise to merge the first admin account on XF with first admin account on vB, right? Because the first admin account on XF doesn't have any content in it and if you're keeping user IDs then you should merge user ID 1 of vB with user ID 1 of XF. Am I right?

Source user ID 1 will always be partially merged into target user ID 1 if you're maintaining IDs. This is effectively unavoidable as that user has to exist. We take all of the source data, except for the password and email, essentially. (Though that user will remain an admin too.) There isn't any option over this.

Beyond that, it sounds like you had the option enabled to automatically merge based on email address, so it then merged the other account into user ID 1. The only way to really undo that is with a fresh install, ensuring that your XF admin uses a unique email address (or don't enable auto-merging and you'll be prompted about handling it).

Source user ID 1 will always be partially merged into target user ID 1 if you're maintaining IDs. This is effectively unavoidable as that user has to exist. We take all of the source data, except for the password and email, essentially. (Though that user will remain an admin too.) There isn't any option over this.

Beyond that, it sounds like you had the option enabled to automatically merge based on email address, so it then merged the other account into user ID 1. The only way to really undo that is with a fresh install, ensuring that your XF admin uses a unique email address (or don't enable auto-merging and you'll be prompted about handling it).

Thanks for your reply!
Looks like I screwed up and will have to do it all over again.
When you said 'fresh install', you meant fresh import, right? I took a db backup after customizing and everything before I started the import. Now I've restored that backup and doing a fresh import.

Top Bottom