[AddonsLab] Post Limit Per Node

[AddonsLab] Post Limit Per Node 2.7.0

No permission to download
I think something isn't right with this ADDONs permissions. I have Global Moderators set to bypass but it keeps blocking my moderator?

I think something isn't right with this ADDONs permissions. I have Global Moderators set to bypass but it keeps blocking my moderator?

Permissions are handled just like other XenForo "integer" type of permissions (which ask for some numeric input/unlimited instead of allow/deny). Make sure to put "Unlimited" for the all product's permissions for you moderator usergroup, and they should not get blocked. If you keep seeing the issue, please contact us at https://customers.addonslab.com/submitticket.php for a detailed review.

Thank you!

I'm not so sure. I'm checking things at the moment, the most popular section of the forum hasn't had a new thread posted in days, that's unheard of.

I have checked user permissions and node permissions. I have things set to 120 hours to start a new thread after the last one, people just can not post in this section UNLESS I set that user group as unlimited which defeats the purpose.

I think I'm going to delete it which I'm gutted about. I'll try on the next update you release but something is not right and I have the right settings according to your guides

I'm not so sure. I'm checking things at the moment, the most popular section of the forum hasn't had a new thread posted in days, that's unheard of.

I have checked user permissions and node permissions. I have things set to 120 hours to start a new thread after the last one, people just can not post in this section UNLESS I set that user group as unlimited which defeats the purpose.

I think I'm going to delete it which I'm gutted about. I'll try on the next update you release but something is not right and I have the right settings according to your guides

Thank you for the reply. To release an update we need to know if there is a bug, we need to reproduce it and fix it. We did not get any report about having some unfixed bug, so we don't plan any release for now. We have just tested it on our demo board right now, and it works just fine. Feel free to test it at https://xf2.addonslab.com/index.php?forums/original-poster.10/ (you can see user1/user2 login details on top of the page).

Here are some screenshots that show product configuration, usergroup settings for Registered users and the limits applied.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Product settings.webp
    Product settings.webp
    45.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Limit configuration.webp
    Limit configuration.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Unable to post with user 1 after the first thread.webp
    Unable to post with user 1 after the first thread.webp
    29.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Able to post with user2.webp
    Able to post with user2.webp
    30 KB · Views: 21
I mean that I have allowed global moderators to bypass the rule so they can post a thread more than once within 120 hours (5 days) - however the addon will not allow them to post more than one thread within that time, even though I have clearly marked it as bypassed in node permissions.

I mean that I have allowed global moderators to bypass the rule so they can post a thread more than once within 120 hours (5 days) - however the addon will not allow them to post more than one thread within that time, even though I have clearly marked it as bypassed in node permissions.

For moderators, make sure to put product permissions to "Unlimited", that is the proper way to allow them to bypass the check. If you still see the issue, contact us at https://customers.addonslab.com/submitticket.php and we will review your configuration.

Thank you!

Sure, I have just added appropriate screenshots to product's description. Here they are, showing the message instead of usual "no permission" message under the list of threads/replies.

Thank you!

Can we set a custom message for each node when a user reaches a limit?

For example, into the Introduce Yourself section a message saying: You already introduced yourself so you cannot start any more threads here.

In the Requests section: You have reached your daily limit quota for requests, come back tomorrow!

Things like that :)

Can we set a custom message for each node when a user reaches a limit?

For example, into the Introduce Yourself section a message saying: You already introduced yourself so you cannot start any more threads here.

In the Requests section: You have reached your daily limit quota for requests, come back tomorrow!

Things like that :)

Unfortunately, this not possible with the product now, but you can achieve that editing product's template and using conditionals.The template alpl_can_posts is included only if the user does not have permission to post in that forum/thread. You can add a conditional in the template that uses $forum variable, and will look like this:

HTML:
<xf:if is="!{$posts} && {$forum.node_id}==FORUM_ID_1">
    // message for forum 1
    <xf:elseif is="!{$posts} && {$forum.node_id}==FORUM_ID_2">   
    // message for forum 2
    <xf:else />
    The content of template here for default behavior in all other cases
</xf:if>

Thank you!

Does this modify any XenForo tables?

Also, does the timer start when they make the first thread/post or when they reach the limit?
If I make the limit 2 threads and 10 hours, does the 10 hour timer start when they make the first thread or the second?

Does this modify any XenForo tables?

Also, does the timer start when they make the first thread/post or when they reach the limit?
If I make the limit 2 threads and 10 hours, does the 10 hour timer start when they make the first thread or the second?

The add-on does not modify any tables and does not include any queries.

The limit applies to the number of threads within any x hours interval. "2 threads in 10 hours" means there can be only 2 threads created within any 10 hours interval. If a user creates a thread, waits 2 hours and creates another one, they will reach their limit and will need to wait 8 hours for the first thread to be out of 10-hours interval and to be able to create another thread.

Thank you!

Does this have the option to edit individual members? some members deserve nothing, while other members deserve more, so it certainly would be useful if I could change default time per member, also, what is 24-hour period based? members location, server location, etc?

Thanks

Does this have the option to edit individual members? some members deserve nothing, while other members deserve more, so it certainly would be useful if I could change default time per member, also, what is 24-hour period based? members location, server location, etc?

Thanks

The product integrates with XenForo permission system just as other permissions, so it should also work with user-based permissions.

Thank you!

AddonsLab updated [AddonsLab] Post Limit Per Node with a new update entry:

Bug-fix: Exclude thread author posts from the limits option issues

This is a bug-fix release that solves some issues reproducible when the option "
Exclude thread author posts from the limits" is enabled.

Feel free to report any issues you have and they will be addressed asap.

Please consider posting a review if you are using the add-on and let us and other users know how it works for you.

Thank you!

Read the rest of this update entry...

@AddonsLab One more Suggestions, Please Can add User Group Permissions setting are Seperate? Not mixing with Forum Permissions. Its impossible to easily find out the option, when we have lot of User Group Permissions option.

@AddonsLab One more Suggestions, Please Can add User Group Permissions setting are Seperate? Not mixing with Forum Permissions. Its impossible to easily find out the option, when we have lot of User Group Permissions option.

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, we can provide only bug-fix support for now as we are overloaded with projects. We will check your request when we find some time.

Thank you!

Top Bottom