Addons Market Place

Ajaxboy

We are working on a new project. Won't discuss any details at moment since we still have a while to go to get to a launching point. But I thought it would be nice to throw in a note so that some time in the future many of the developers who look here, and also these interested know what this is about.

In the site will have custom built features to show case addons, all xeforo developers will be able to post their addons for free, and also there will be market place for paid addons, listings additional resources, and the like. As the site grows we will continue to add more custom built features. We will test all addons listed so that our site becomes a trust worthy place for xenforo users. I know we can't just ask people to trust us, we will prove it, and this is one our first steps, letting the community know that we are open about what we do.

We will mainly focus in addons distrubution and collecting directly from developers, but... it just makes sense to also offer additional resources, such as styles, and other products that might seem convient to list.

CJ.

Thanks!.

As this is not an add-on available to others and will in fact just be your own site, I have moved the thread from add-on releases to off topic.

If/when there is a services type forum in the future then it can be moved there.

You will however be duplicating the work that is going to be implemented here with regards to a solution for add-ons and resources.
It was always intended to be in-house so you are jumping the gun somewhat.

I thought all this was going to be done here on XF now !!
I am sure they'll be busy working on a next release, we plan to be around in the long term as a third party source for addons. In any given case, if XF plans to create a full-fledged service for this matter, we'll like to know.

I believe I just made that clear in my post above?
I was still typing before I could see your post. But I do get the point now, XF doesn't want a third party to do a marketplace, understood.

Ps.. also you edited your own message and added a full paragraph so the "I believe I just made that clear in my post above" , doesn't count unless retroactively.

We have plans for a proper solution for releasing and supporting add-ons, but we don't even have 1.0.0 stable released yet. Patience.
That solution is intended to cover styles, graphics and other resources in addition to add-ons.

That was already in place before you made your second post.
I am just gonna say, my bad for taking so long in typing.. I should of have checked for new posts before I posted. I won't get in argument about whether you edited your message or no, I didn't take screenshot
wink.png
. Though you don't seem to be enjoying the job much lately, I do understand the frustration.

You will however be duplicating the work that is going to be implemented here with regards to a solution for add-ons and resources.It was always intended to be in-house so you are jumping the gun somewhat.
No timelines provided.
No details provided.
Paid plugins allowed ?
Xenforo.com collecting the money ?
It's hard to plan anything when no information has been provided.

No timelines provided.
No details provided.
Paid plugins allowed ?
Xenforo.com collecting the money ?
It's hard to plan anything when no information has been provided.

Perhaps this may help...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

great song.
didn't help.
I don't care about Addon Marketplaces for myself.
I'm not a developer.
I hope developers have a good relationship with xenforo.
Replying to someone that is saying they are making a marketplace with "Yea, but we're doing that" ... somehow doesn't feel helpful.

Top Bottom