addons cost too dang much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not lying at all. If you see I did not reply to you after your lecture.
So in your world a "lecture" is a client asking a question.
I found a better use for my ten bucks a day later, hence me saying I'll pass and thanks for getting back to me.

Do we really have to spell this out for everyone.

So in your world a "lecture" is a client asking a question.
I found a better use for my ten bucks a day later, hence me saying I'll pass and thanks for getting back to me.

Do we really have to spell this out for everyone.

The fact is that I ignored you and that shows that I chose not to sell to you and not how you claimed, that you chose not to buy from me.

The date stamp is on the screenshot right there. (y)

How about you two stop with the *****ing match and allow the thread to get back on topic.

My post was on topic.. I said it was ironic your QQ'n to the point of even creating threads on the topic of add-on's here being over priced. Yet there are places you brag about having a test site running vB5, the most over priced and bloated forum software to hit the market. So many of us find the add-ons to be of great value and well worth the price just as you found it was worth while to buy vB5.. Do you see us making threads though "OMG vB5 is so over priced for such rubbish"? No, we simply just don't buy it..

I think it would be nice if the community as a whole moved to crowdsourcing all add ons. This way the developer gets paid to make it and once it is free and available for everyone, more people will be likely to get attracted to the community and contribute!

Did not mean to reply to this topic, although I agree with the creator of it, but I reached a point that I need to do it.
It is fair to charge for a plugin, but the current situation does not allow it XF. A new system that nobody knows his future, with a base of plugins and still paid quite tiny. Who would buy such a system??
On the other hand, costing $ 200.00 Vbulletin has a number of plugins / themes / articles immense, it ends up making it worth paying this amount.
Every day I see the XF as an amateur system that has everything to go right, but because of certain decisions is falling increasingly hope to be wrong in the future and change everything, but it is not looking.
Many may crucify me, but this time around for Vbulletin 4 to be the right decision.

Did not mean to reply to this topic, although I agree with the creator of it, but I reached a point that I need to do it.
It is fair to charge for a plugin, but the current situation does not allow it XF. A new system that nobody knows his future, with a base of plugins and still paid quite tiny. Who would buy such a system??
On the other hand, costing $ 200.00 Vbulletin has a number of plugins / themes / articles immense, it ends up making it worth paying this amount.
Every day I see the XF as an amateur system that has everything to go right, but because of certain decisions is falling increasingly hope to be wrong in the future and change everything, but it is not looking.
Many may crucify me, but this time around for Vbulletin 4 to be the right decision.

The way I see it though too, is that XF is still being sold, it's still being supported, the people creating the resources still give some support, still are working / coding work, so it's their right to charge no matter what. If I start back web designing again, and started doing designs for XF "skins" or whatever.. I'll want to receive money for the work I do too. Even though the economy is crappy, alot are going to outsourcing for cheaper prices and such.. People are still "working" and usually want compensated for it. Everything online is a "gamble" no matter what. *shrug*.

kinda off-topic though; thats one main reasons why i stopped doing random designs back in 2008 or 2009.. because i spent TWO WEEKS on a 7 paged design that was sexy as hell.. and asked 120.00 for it (when it was probably around 200 to 300.00 worth), got 100.00 .. but also had tons and tons of offers for 30.00 for it. It was insult. Hence stopping of doing designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom