Addon Development | Migration Services | Monthly Maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got scammed $650 by forumcube...they are still here getting more customers to scam
and i just got scammed by another dev for $280
so many bad devs here on xenforo......

If these developers have threads on here it needs to be posted in there, the more people that report being taken, the better chance of getting them shut down.

Developer profiles with reviews would be nice to have. It seems to me that a lot of developers never post and do business through convo only.
If you post a suggestion or project in the addon requests or development forums then you will get responses from a lot of dodgy people.

Developer profiles with reviews would be nice to have. It seems to me that a lot of developers never post and do business through convo only.
If you post a suggestion or project in the addon requests or development forums then you will get responses from a lot of dodgy people.

Due diligence is needed when hiring unknown people. I do feel that there should be some other way of developers contacting people or soliciting work, but exactly what I don't know.

I think all developers should verify themselves to Xenforo staff (proof of name, address, etc.) and sign a contract of some sort as things like this give Xenforo a bad name. In my eyes, if you're developing for Xenforo you are representing the company. Obviously this information is kept private by Xenforo unless it has to be released by law, etc.

, if you're developing for Xenforo you are representing the compan

No you are not representing XenForo, you are representing your own company or yourself.

Also XF already has this info from when you purchased the license IIRC.

I think all developers should verify themselves to Xenforo staff (proof of name, address, etc.) and sign a contract of some sort as things like this give Xenforo a bad name. In my eyes, if you're developing for Xenforo you are representing the company. Obviously this information is kept private by Xenforo unless it has to be released by law, etc.
It is at your own risk when hiring a developer. You should always do your research and negotiate how you do the transaction. I already made my mistake when hiring @Alex.D . Who had little to no reputation and since then I learned from that. XenForo team already have a lot going on to be chasing around untrustworthy developers and usually they always get caught out anyway. I think it would be good to have a "Verified developer" badge or title here on XenForo to represent those who have a good reputation developing for the community here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom