Add-on Addon Chat

I use 123FlashChat and have found it fantastic...I have mine integrated into my site with the users in chat displayed in the "Members Online Now" box in the right column. I also have video and whiteboard...I paid them $100 to integrate it for me and have it set that ONLY registered site users can access it by clicking a menu bar link which opens the chat room with them already logged in to it and their XF profile also carries across for other users to see...attached are some screen shots...if it gives you something to think about as an alternative...I have previously also used Flashcoms Chat Room but that needs external hosting if you wish to have video facilities also but the 123FlashChat uses my own server without any extra software licences needed.

Attachments

• 1.webp
    1.webp
    11.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    43.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    27 KB · Views: 74
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    47.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    29.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 71
Just bear in mind JavaScript (and jQuery) are not the same as Java applets. Java applets require a java run time environment to be installed and then you're required to download the plugin to your browser.

So. No to java because it is incredibly insecure as demonstrated by the very numerous security issues it's had. One very recently.

No to Flash because it doesn't run on most mobiles and tablets.

I use 123FlashChat and have found it fantastic...I have mine integrated into my site with the users in chat displayed in the "Members Online Now" box in the right column. I also have video and whiteboard...I paid them $100 to integrate it for me and have it set that ONLY registered site users can access it by clicking a menu bar link which opens the chat room with them already logged in to it and their XF profile also carries across for other users to see...attached are some screen shots...if it gives you something to think about as an alternative...I have previously also used Flashcoms Chat Room but that needs external hosting if you wish to have video facilities also but the 123FlashChat uses my own server without any extra software licences needed.
I'm interested in having this done for my site so who do I need to contact? BTW: I love the idea of the video option and integration ;-)

Im wondering now what software makes for a good mobile chat room experience? I got tired of waiting around for flashchat and never adopted it for XF, and have long since been far more focused on making my site mobile.. We have grown so much that the chat room gimmick isnt necessary anymore but im still curious as to what makes a good mobile chat product?

Yes, I know about where it is, but you mentioned that you paid to have it integrated? Did 'they' do that at 123 flashchat?

Add-on Chat is fully integrated with Xenforo. Bellow is the quote from Addon Interactive's Forums
LINK: http://www.addoninteractive.net/ind...-on-official/page__hl__xenforo__fromsearch__1

Attached to this forum posting is the first official AddonChat module release for XenForo 1.

Features include:
  • Remote Authentication
  • Automatic Sign-in
  • Automatic Account Look-up for quick setup
  • Complete control of AddonChat v9.x permissions from within the XenForo user group manager.
  • Embedded and Pop-up display options
  • Who's Chatting user count indicated in main menu
  • Right-click tie in to XenForo User Profile Page
  • Optional Guest Access (with Remote Authentication enabled)
  • Direct link to AddonChat control panel through XenForo ACP
  • Support for entry of custom code parameters & direct settings
Please report installation problems, general use issues and/or feature requests to support@addonchat.com.

The attached file is an updated integration. Previous version 1.0.7
Attached Files

I use this add-on on my site.
DEMO: http://vosgaming.com/community/index.php?AddonChat/Embed

It's really simple to install and set-up. Installs just like any other Xenforo add-on. Just follow the Readme instruction contained with in the zip.

Addonchat is a joke. The support is a joke and customer service is a joke. 1st hand experience over 2 years and a dozen ignored emails. Steer clear.

Addonchat is a joke. The support is a joke and customer service is a joke. 1st hand experience over 2 years and a dozen ignored emails. Steer clear.
Well that stinks, it didn't always used to be that way.. But then things do change..vBSEO used to have a solid reputation to, once upon a time..

Reactions: Rob
I've even posted a few times on their facebook and just had the brush off. Any other comparable and affordable chat solutions that could integrate?

Update... Addonchat have responded to me and are happy to pay a developer to take on the module and make it work properly on 1.4

@Waindigo, you seem the natural first choice :)

Top Bottom