1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Addition to the purchase page. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by oman, Apr 29, 2014.

1. oman

oman Well-Known Member

I often see people either coming and asking if they can pay with another service, or state they are having issues with PayPal for some reason.

I think it might be worth adding a small box to the homepage to inform the prospective customers that an alternative method of payment could be made:

2014-04-29 18_25_15-Buy XenForo _ XenForo.png

The only downside I could see to this is the possibility of more people contacting the staff which would probably add to the work load of the business manager/staff.

Keep it as it is, or add that box?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  2. Pereira

Pereira Well-Known Member

I would add it but to be honest I think XenForo needs to redesign the homepage. It could do with an update to show the current capabilities of XenForo and it's other products. All too often I see users of other forum software say that XenForo can't do X or Y when in actual fact it can. I think people came here, did not like what they seen at the start and continue to have that view.

XenForo has changed quite a bit, even within the last year. The homepage unfortunately hasn't and doesn't show what XenForo can do. This leaves users of other forum software with little information on what XenForo is/does.

oman, Liam W and imthebest like this.
  3. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

The home page isn't responsive, where the actual software is...

That might confuse people.

Adam Howard likes this.
  4. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

How about rather than saying contact us for other alternatives to paying for XenForo... They actually supply online alternatives that can process payments via debit / credit cards!? :)

5. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Or how about giving the idea a rest after suggesting it in every thread like this for 2 years now..

Liam W likes this.
  6. oman

oman Well-Known Member

If they plan on doing a redesign, it would probably take time. I'd rather see the core software developed like it is currently, which was the reason why I just suggested the small addition.

In some ways I agree with you, but I think it works.