Add VigLink Code [Deleted]

Thanks for developing this for me Chris!

itworx4me, I am switching from skimlinks just to try it... Right now they have a guaranteed pay match program for skimlinks users so you are at least going to make what you did at skimlinks. I will post results in a few months to show if it is a better program or not.

Thanks for this Chris!
I wanted to ask you this as well "​
Enable for which usergroups?" if I don't select any of the usergroups, this option is enabled for all usergroups right? or do I have to do this?
Just recently replaced vBulletin with XenForo.

@ The above, my forum brings in a pretty good amount of revenue from VigLink on a monthly basis since it's a gaming forum and people buy computer parts and games all the times and they ask for suggestions on what computer parts they want.
When they click on those links and buy, you earn a percentage.
The best month I've had so far was $98/m

Thanks for this Chris!
I wanted to ask you this as well "​
Enable for which usergroups?" if I don't select any of the usergroups, this option is enabled for all usergroups right? or do I have to do this?
Just recently replaced vBulletin with XenForo.

@ The above, my forum brings in a pretty good amount of revenue from VigLink on a monthly basis since it's a gaming forum and people buy computer parts and games all the times and they ask for suggestions on what computer parts they want.
When they click on those links and buy, you earn a percentage.
The best month I've had so far was $98/m
What's your cost per click average? Mine is around 6.4 cents per click.

I was doing about 40 to 50 cents for a while, this near year has been slow. That has dropped since February.

I may develop an add-on (for our use only) with an added feature: the ability to use a different VigLink ID for different forum areas. (You can have more than one ID on your account--they are used for tracking.)

This is something that would be needed with Link Insertion. IOW, if you had a forum where one area was "Cars" and the other was "Gardening", VigLink cannot optimize Link Insertion for both. I've only used Link Insertion for non-registered visitors, but it has given me a decent lift in revenue. If these visitors want to get rid of the inserted links, they can register. ;)

I have the code manually inserted in the template for now (to add the JS code, and to show link insertion only for "visitor" users). In my case, it's probably better just to keep on with template edits. I'm not that "up" on writing add-ons (not to mention, having little spare time to do it in ;) ).

Are you a VigLink customer? You should submit this add-on to them for reference!

For some reason Viglink is not detected on my forums when I use this add0n with visitors only permissions or try to insert it manually with a conditional. Without conditionals Viglinks does see the code.

Did something change with the latest xf upgrade maybe?

Edit: seems that you need to be logged out as admin before VigLinks sees the code. How weird is that :D

For some reason Viglink is not detected on my forums when I use this add0n with visitors only permissions or try to insert it manually with a conditional. Without conditionals Viglinks does see the code.

Did something change with the latest xf upgrade maybe?

Edit: seems that you need to be logged out as admin before VigLinks sees the code. How weird is that :D

How do you tell if its working? I need to know if my Viglink still is... Have you reported this issue to Viglink as well?

Hiya Chris,

Have tried using on 1.2, however i get the following when i check if it works...

VigLink was not detected, but this might help:

• Using an ad blocker? Disable it and try again.
  • Make sure the code is installed on that page. (We only check this page, not other pages on the same site.)
  • Check that the "key" value exactly matches the one above.
  • Still having trouble? Ask us for help!

Doesnt seem to work - Any chance this may be updated for xf 1.2??

Cheers
Paul

Do you see the full code block if you do a view: source?

I know mine often shows up as not working if I use the tool on their site, but I can tell from the clicks recorded that it is working just fine.

EDIT: I should add that my account contact at VigLink mentioned that our account was working fine, and that the online tool occasionally didn't work. Best bet is to check your dashboard and make certain your clicks are being recorded.

Last edited:
Thanks @Chris Deeming - this makes things easy :)

One thing I've noticed about the "Enabling for which Usergroups" in the Viglink Code Options: All of my users are in the Registered usergroup as a primary, with any other usergroups added as a secondary usergroup. The options for which usergroups to display Viglink too seems to only look at the Primary usergroup, so I'm unable to disable Vig-link adds to my Upgraded members.

Would there be a way to switch the list around so that we could exclude certain secondary usergroups?

Thank you

It uses the standard XenForo helper "ismemberof" which checks primary and secondary usergroups.

Ahh, thanks.
So wouldn't that still enable the code if either condition were returned true? Primary or secondary?
I currently have only the Registered and Unregistered boxes checked but from my test accounts with various secondary Usergroups, all usergroups can see the viglink code. (since all users are primarily Registered?)

Seems like it would be helpful if the Usergroup options were exclusionary rather than inclusive.

I followed all the steps and the viglink site says it's not working, which it always does. But when I do the amazon.com test it's actually not working. Any ideas?

Contact your account manager at VigLink. I've had instances where their online checker shows the code is not working, but it does work.

Are your current Amazon links affiliated separately from VigLink? If so, there is a switch to leave those Amazon affiliations as-is, or override them so VigLink handles them. That is one reason the hits might not be coming as you'd expect.

Top Bottom