Add "save and restore" as button when editing notice

Wait, this should be marked Iimplemented], resetting it DOES restore it to undismissed. That's the actual function it doesn't reset anything else.

From the acp:
Please confirm that you want to reset the following notice:
Resetting this notice will display it to all of the users matching the notice criteria, even if they have previously dismissed it. Note that this will not restore the notice to guests who have dismissed it.

Tested. Body and settings, intact.

Last edited:
Wait, this should be marked Iimplemented], resetting it DOES restore it to undismissed. That's the actual function it doesn't reset anything else.

From the acp:
Please confirm that you want to reset the following notice:
Resetting this notice will display it to all of the users matching the notice criteria, even if they have previously dismissed it. Note that this will not restore the notice to guests who have dismissed it.

Tested. Body and settings, intact.
If you change things (like the text and whatnot), then just hit reset and close out of it entirely, it still saves your changes even though you never hit save? If that is the case, my suggestion still stands; the button should then say “reset and save” so we know that’s what it does.

Save will save your changes to the notice. Reset will reset the dismissed notices. Easy peasy.
I think the whole point of the suggestion is that is the current behaviour and the OP is aware of that. The suggestion is for save and reset in one go. As an option. Seems like a good idea to me.

Yeah I kept my vote. 😁 I totally thought reset was a revert until I clicked it. NOW I understand page 1. "Save and Reset"

Not sure how handy it really is though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom