1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Insert Quotes' button when editing posts?

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by Liam W, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

I just tried to do this on another forum, and I was quite surprised when it didn't work :p

When you add quotes to multi-quote on 1.3, it would be a good idea if the 'Insert Quotes' button also appeared when editing a post, as it would allow users to add their quotes to their post without making another post.

Mr Lucky, Grover, Alien and 4 others like this.
  2. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

I certainly agree with your suggestion. I've written a posting concerning the different worksflows when it comes to use multi-quote and the inability to add multi-quotes when editing a post is part of that indeed.

Again, I believe that a product like Burning Board works considerably better (and see also here) compared to XF when it comes to the use of multi-quote. And yes also in this case indeed, because when you use Burning Board it is very easy to insert your multi-quotes when editing a posting. In Xenforo it is simply impossible, making the whole system less useful.
    Liam W likes this.